1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Could someone help me make .dds files of my icons?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Gurra09, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

Hi!

I'm working on a Sikh/Punjabi civilization (more about that here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=519725) and since I have nearly no skills when it comes to art some nice people made me icons.

Now I need to make .dds files out of these and I know how to do it but multiple tries still doesn't give me the icons like I want them in game...

I tried doing it by hand first but I knew nothing about how much size of the square that the icon should be taking up. Then I tried out whowards DDS converter program but that one squeezed everything inside the border which did not look good because some of these icons have parts that are meant to be outside the border just like many Firaxis icons do.

So I'd be very, very happy if someone could take my icon .pngs and make working dds files out of them that actually look good in game and not like a terrible try. :blush:

There are three icons; a unit, a leader and the civ icon. For special reasons* I need them to be in an atlas that has 1 row and 8 columns with the civ icon in column 8.

*I use Sikhism religion alpha icon as civ alpha icon and that is the portrait index of that one in the religion atlas...

Icons are in the spoiler:
    Spoiler :

If anyone is up to the task: thank you very much in advance!

2. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

Nothing I can do to help, but great work on the icons! :)

3. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

They're not mine, it's all TPangolin's work. :)

4. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

I'll see if I can find anything relevant online, but I have to say, TPangolin's getting better at this.

5. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

6. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

I did scroll through the tutorial forum but I didn't see that one. Thanks, I'll have a look! :)

Edit: Uhm ok, that didn't really help me. :( I couldn't even find a download link in the thread to have that icon template? Also my problem is that I don't have a clueee on how much I need to resize these to get them the right size so a template won't help me out either...

7. PrimoXanthous

PrimoXanthous ~ knightmare13 ~

I already re-size it to all the sizes you need for leader, unit and Civ.
    just download the attached rar

Attached Files:

8. Gurra09

Gurra09 First Consul

Thanks a lot, knightmare! :)