Could someone help me "mod" in the vanilla CivIV themes?

DigitalBoy

Emperor
I like Warlords for the extra features and gameplay tweaks, but I like the themes from vanilla CivIV much more than the new ones.

1) How do I get the intro movie from the vanilla version to play when I start Warlords?
2) How do I get the planet Earth background for the main menu instead of the warlord's army background?
3) How do I get Baba Yetu to play at the main menu?

I'm not sure where the files for these are in the programming, and I wouldn't know what to do with them even if I found them. :(

i think i know what to do but im not sure! ill try later.

My Warlords Title Screen Mod does 2) and 3), but I haven't as of yet been able to find a way to replace the intro movie.

Hope this helps.

Can't you just copy and paste the old movie and rename it as the Warlords one?

Civ seems to skip intro movies if mods are being used. I'll try using a Custom Asset and see if that works.

Most probably :) .

I tried the mod, but it's not working properly. I have XP which should automatically unzip zip files, except that when I double click on the file it says "Windows needs to know which program created this file to open it." It seemed really peculiar that Windows wouldn't recognize a zip file, and then I noticed the low dash at the end and beginning of the file name. I renamed it without those, but then it said the file was damaged or corrupted.

It might be a corrupt download. Try downloading from here instead.

Top Bottom