Could someone please look over this cheap eBay laptop i've found?

I wouldn't call the deal rubbish, but I'd be looking for a little more bang for the buck, personally.

I recommend avoiding gaming laptops as the battery life sucks and you'll end up using it plugged in the vast majority of the time.

I second the above and you can't usually upgrade them as need be so you're stuck with what you buy.

Plus, gaming rigs get very hot, which is uncomfortable and damages them. Now put that in a tiny, not very well ventilated package (when it's on your lap) and it's likely to fail in a couple of years of heavy use.

Having said that, I have a 4 year old Gateway gaming laptop. Aside from some minor issues, it's still going strong. It is always plugged in though.

The one you linked will be sufficient for Morrowind and the Paradox games. You won't have much fun with it in Civ5, or most other halfway modern games.

The dedicated video card is pointless at best, as it's a not faster than the integrated one of that processor.
Don't mind the advertisement, this isn't a gaming notebook

And it doesn't appear to be a good deal for £320, if you can get something vastly superior(as in CPU and GPU about twice as fast, and a non-glare display) for £400:

http://www.technoworld.com/Toshiba_Sat_Pro_L850-11V_PSKDME-004003EN/67777/product.aspx

That would be in the entry-level gaming class, good enough for Civ5 on medium-ish settings, and quite reasonable turn times (for a notebook).

Having said that, I have a 4 year old Gateway gaming laptop. Aside from some minor issues, it's still going strong. It is always plugged in though.

Wow, I also have a 4 year old Gateway gaming laptop. I have since retired it from heavy gaming but it's still great for playing older games and the regular mundane tasks I have.

:clap::worship:

Wow, I also have a 4 year old Gateway gaming laptop. I have since retired it from heavy gaming but it's still great for playing older games and the regular mundane tasks I have.

:clap::worship:

They're solid laptops. It's a shame I couldn't play cutting edge new games on it longer after it was a year old, but it still functions well.

Though now it's actually about to die. :sad:

Top Bottom