1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Council Vote: Ambassador to GWT

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Zarn, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

I wish to appoint TheDuckofFlanders as ambassador to the German Webring Team. IIRC, he speaks some German, which would be helpful. ;) Members of the Council please vote yes or no on his appointment.

We need a majority vote to appoint him.

Octavian X: President and Science Minister
    Donovan Zoi: Vice President
    GBM: Domestic Minister
    CivGeneral: Defense Minister

Foreign Minister Vote: Yes

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I was hoping to get the Ambassador possition, But I would like to be the Duck's aide :).

Vote = Yes

3. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Speaker for the People votes against the council vote.

4. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I'll withhold my vote until he posts again. I've not seen him around here in for a bit...

5. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Umm, nothing. I deleted my post that was posted a few minutes ago when I was a little mixed up with two things here.

6. TheDuckOfFlanders

TheDuckOfFlanders the fish collecter

presence: comfired

objective: crush ,kill ,destroy ,and negoiate the international price of Sauerkraut.

:scan:

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Mmm... sauerkraut...

The Ministry of Science: abstain
    The Office of President: YES

That's 3 votes in favor, one abstaining, and two non-respondants.

Congratulations to our new Ambassador to the German Webring Team, DuckofFlanders! Relevant information will be sent immeadiately.

8. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Congrats, Duck!:king: :)

9. TheDuckOfFlanders

Thank you fellow citizin. :)

Ill be interpellating machiavelistic Berliners as soon as i can get myself completly informed about our diplomatic status ,the amount of treasury ,trade good's at our disposal and technoligy's reached.Given that i havn't got possesion of a certain game called civIII (wich i don't think is uberhaupt necesarry to efectivly be in this specific position) ,i rather rely on forum information to inform me of our current status.

If anyone has an over-abdunce of time ,he's welcome to organize an summary of curent information for use in my function.
    Another thing wich would be interresting in that aspect ,is to know what the great leader's of our nation have in mind in long term planning ,and specificly how this planning should have an affect of our relation with this German civilization.Simply said ,what do we want from them?

Though we can't ,due to past treaty's ,not release our map's ,no'r reveal the fact that we have contact with GCA ,we can however ,theoreticly ,trade resource's or technoligy ,strike financial deal's ,work toward closer relation's to maybe have them as ally in the future ,or even declare war on them ,or extorte them of finance's or technoligy on the threat of war.Given my brief knowledge of our current situation ,i think a path of improving relation's might be interresting to persue with the them?

As diplomat ,my job is merely to broker the best deal givven the objective's laid upon me by my superior's ,therefore i ask my superior's to give a cleary define our objective's.

In the meantime though ,i have informed the GWT ambassador about the status of organization within my embassy at this point ,and been so far cordial toward's him ,expressing feeling's of neutrality.In this sense ,i invited him to the initiative of bringing forward offer's that they might find interresting ,so i can present this offer's for review in our Forum Fanaticou.

10. Zarn

They can be a vital trading partner, military ally, or even an enemy. Though let's see if we get them to engage in tech trades (it was a galley spotted so they may not be too far ahead or maybe about the same tech level) and to help us explore the world to find other civs. I wouldn't ask for a military pact, but a pact of peace would help. A pact similar to the one with Apolyton.

Second opinions are welcome.

11. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

A peace pact would be necessary, in my point of the view at least. We must discuss more with them to try and find out their plans...

We should settle those islands to the West.

12. Zarn

I agree with both your points, Wizard, though I would think the latter falls under Domestic administration.

13. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Just post the ideas in domestic thread, and they should come to my attention...

I didn't want to vote because I hadn't seen DuckofFlanders in ages. But, since he is active, I would have said YES

14. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

so much for the few in power being able to respond quickly to votes, gingerbread man :rolleyes:

it's been 2½ days since the Duck made his presence known.

15. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

oops...

I really should slack off less. It isn't a good image to present as someone who wants to be pressy/vice pressy.

16. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

And who says council vote is ok...:rolleyes:

17. TheDuckOfFlanders

And now it's 0 days.I may not be here all that much on this forum ,ill manage to do my function efficiantly.