1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Counter Espionage Renewal

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by sachqwe, Jan 5, 2009.

1. sachqwe

sachqwe Chieftain

In CIV IV BTS, I am playing in the late game 6 month turn cycle and have a spy in a enemy city ready to renew counter espionage. In the last turn, counter espionage was not offered as a mission and the round ended. The opposition always goes first, and they stole 5 of my hard earned techs before I could renew counter espionage. How do I prevent this happening?

Learning the Hard way

Need your advice please!

2. Bushface

Bushface Deity

Actually, the opposition goes last, not first. It is after you have ended your turn, say for the year 1500AD, that the AI civs get their turns for that year: this can be seen in the Events log. This doesn't help in the case quoted, of course; your turn ends, your counterespionage runs out, the AI pounces. In a nutshell, this can't be prevented.
    This also accounts for the human player being pipped at the post for a Wonder. You need one more turn after the one you've just ended, during which turn you saw that an AI also needed one more turn - but the AI gets the Wonder during its turn, and beats you by one turn.

3. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

I didn't know you could steal techs in BtS. :o How do you do it?

4. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

Send in your spies. If you are lucky enough to get the Great Wall and produce a Great Spy, you can steal several techs! :D

5. Meanness

Meanness Chieftain

Turn off espionage, it's horribly implemented.