(1-NS) Let the bonus healing form Benevolence and Khan's ability to stack with the healing of Medic from an allied unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legen

Emperor
This counterproposal is an alternative for my other proposal: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...nce-virtue-from-japans-dojo-promotion.679410/ . I suggest you to read the rationale of the original proposal for a detailed explanation on the Benevolence's case, as it has some nuances relative to the Khan's case.

Counterproposal:

The bonus healing from Benevolence (one of the eight possible virtues from Dojo's promotion) and from the Khan now stack with the bonus healing from of Medic from an allied unit.

Rationale:

At the moment, the bonus healing from both Benevolence and Khan's ability don't stack with the bonus healing of an ally with Medic. Instead, the highest bonus healing between the two units will apply. For instance:
  • A wounded unit is near a Samurai with Benevolence only (+5 bonus healing), and a unit with Medic I (also +5 bonus healing). The wounded unit will heal an extra +5 HP, as if the Benevolence Samurai wasn't there.
    • Same as above, but with Medic II instead of Medic I. The wounded unit will heal an extra +10 HP, also as if the Benevolence Samurai wasn't there.
  • A wounded unit is near a Khan (+10 bonus healing) and a unit with Medic I (+5 bonus healing). The wounded unit will heal an extra +10 HP.
    • Same as above, but with Medic II instead (+10 bonus healing). The wounded unit will heal an extra +10 HP, as if the Khan wasn't there.
This interaction means that both Benevolence and Khan's ability can be rendered redundant by a unit with Medic. Since Medic units are a common addition to any army, these two uniques can become useless quite frequently. This counterproposal intents to ensure they remain relevant, and a proper addition to their civ's respective kit.

Note that this counterproposal has both uniques tied for consistency on their behaviors. The original proposal only addresses the Benevolence's behavior and isn't tied to whether Mongolia is balanced or not.

Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship on October 19, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom