Couple of good mods for CIV

ImperialGuard

Prince
I've been playing with a couple of mods from Steam Workshop. Just thought I'd share, incase people didn't know they exist:

1) - Promotion Tree mod -- allows you to pull up a screen showing the promotion tree available for each type of unit. Helps to be able to see this when planning what promotions to give a unit.

2) - Settler/city BFC display -- when a settler is selected, it superimposes a graphic on the map showing you the hexes that would be part of the city if the settler settled. Works the same on an already founded city. (use to love this mod in CiV4 BTS!)

good little mods to help tweak the gaming experience !

you cant tell yourself what hexes would be part of the city once its settled? :rolleyes:

I just saw the promotion tree and am definitely going to incorporate that. I also think infoaddict is a must have.

Do you know of any good mods that affect diplomacy? Is it something that can even be modded?

you cant tell yourself what hexes would be part of the city once its settled? :rolleyes:

I can, but my weinie-brain has a much easier time with an obvious outline, than having to count out 3 hexs in every direction all the time ;-) A picture is worth a thousand mental calculators. Nice mod.

Oh yes, I can count to three.... but now I don't have to. It's the difference between deriving information, and having it already presented to you.

I just saw the promotion tree and am definitely going to incorporate that. I also think infoaddict is a must have.

Do you know of any good mods that affect diplomacy? Is it something that can even be modded?

Agreed.... Infoaddict is the best mod, in my opinion.

Sorry mate ... don't know of any Diplomacy mods

InfoAddict affects diplomacy in that it adds a button to the diplomacy screen that allows you to check up on everyone's current diplo status- who they are currently friendly with, who they've denounced or are at war with, etc... saves your butt a lot if you've forgotten (or never knew) who hates who, and accidentally choose to DoF somebody that makes everyone else hate you and stop trading with you and nuke you into the stone age.

Hate it when that happens.

I have teh Cit/Settler outline mod, used to build forts to show the outline of old towns. :)

InfoAddict - Never leave home without it. I keep checking if I'm making enough culture/science/whatever with it. Not that it helped much since one and two is at 925 and 767 science to my 272. :(

CIVUP (Beta) it is a few bug fixes and a nicer interface, top bar is the biggie. Unfortunately it's prolly going to get put back together with VEM thats is major game play changes that I'm not interested in.

I'm not a warmonger, so XPing my units is painful, so I added a mod that allows you to get more levels from Barbs. This one can XP your units up to 3 range, something you could do on city states/civs, but I feel attacking civ/CS just to level units it annoying meta gaming. Makes more sense to send my units on training mission cleaning out barbs.

I've tried all the map mods I can find, but the all seem to have rough edges.

PerfectWorld3 creates amazing maps with beautiful rivers and prolly to many mountains for most peoples taste. The bad point is it can create land that goes from the north to the south pole blocking sailing. Also it creates mountains that isn't mountains, a normal unit can walk on to what looks like a mountain, but isn't.

Improved land - Improved Small Continents and Large Island, reduced mountains and beautification stuff, but again it creates inland sea that the AI can't deal with.

Top Bottom