Couple of strategy questions

LikeMike

Chieftain
Hi guys,

I have been playing Civ since the beginning (skipping 3 because I wasn't into gaming at that time). Still I never got too good at this game. I usually play at prince (and win most my games), but I usually lose my patience at some time and get bad at micromanaging.

Now with Civ 6, I feel a little lost again. So I got some questions:

1. Start out with Scout-Slinger-Settler-Worker-Monument?
2. How many cities do you usually end up with? More like 5, 10 or 20?
3. Any techs or civics you usually beeline to?
4. Any woanders that you always try to get?
5. Is it just me, or does production in general take a lot longer? Tried to get a Science victory my last game, had researched every tech, but building those Modules took too damn long, I actually got a culture-victory by mistake...
6. I got no idea about religion... how do you found a religion, what can you do with all the faith you get? Should I even bother with holy sites if I haven't found a religion?
7. I have noticed the AI asking for, I guess captures spies. Any reason not to give them back for a good prize?

Thanks guys!

Mike

1. idk I dont use fixed orders
2. got 16 in the first game but I figured that was no fun to micro, I'm not gonna do more than 10 from now on (I made all the cities mainly to fill out the map because border growth is SOOOO slow)
3. no
4. no
5. I didnt notice, but the space projects sure take loads of time ig you dont use any great engineers/scientists
6. great prophet points. use faith to rush great people.
7. I don't know if the AI can just rebuild spies when you deny them a trade. mine always got killed despite there just being a 9% chance of that

It does takes effort to get good production, and planning a long time in advance helps:
  • Make sure the city has good production from citizens
  • Get the industrial zone set up -- 9 production from workshop/factory/power plant, along with adjacency bonuses
  • Have other cities build their industrial zone within six tiles of your target spaceport cities -- factory/power plant give 7 production as regional effects
  • Trade routes! Have your spaceport cities be the origin of a lot of internal trade routes that give lots of hammers. The target cities should, of course, build the districts that increase the production yield of a trade route
There are probably more sources too (encampment? aerodome?) -- I didn't optimize too much in my space victory.

Also, the late game great engineers give massive boosts to space victory production.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers guys... any place where I can learn more about religion in this game? Still kinda clueless...

Top Bottom