Couple of tiles provide 52 food in Prehistoric Era

KaiserTom

Chieftain

Shows exactly what I am talking about. It's also not a visual bug because I have tested settling the area and it provides 52 food as on the tin (with a bunch of food wasted of course). There was a volcano around that area before but I have yet to see this happen with any other volcano so I am convinced it's a bug or some feature I did not know existed. Save for anyone wanting to mess with it.

Edit: I should clarify that this is SVN, not V34.

Attachments

• jayt4_000 BC-12825.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
Which tile I can't find you mouse cursor? I have this bug in my game near a volcano far away from my cities.

As I recall, the volcano eruption events add temporary productivity boosts once the eruption stops to nearby grassland. Perhaps that is stacking somehow after multiple eruptions (it's not supposed to)

As I recall, the volcano eruption events add temporary productivity boosts once the eruption stops to nearby grassland. Perhaps that is stacking somehow after multiple eruptions (it's not supposed to)

That's been the previous diagnosis suggested. That's handled in the python for that event isn't it?

It is and the problem would have put some stuff in the log. Unfortunately no one has posted a log showing the errors that would cause this excess of food and I have not had it happen in my game. Thus no clue as to why or where it is happening.

Has this issue been solved? I'm actually playing a game on SVN v7496 and I've got a barren tile near a dormant volcano which produces 55 food (see pic)

Attachments

• food surplus.jpg
    food surplus.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 87
@Hale_9204,
It is and the problem would have put some stuff in the log.Unfortunately no one has posted a log showing the errors that would cause this excess of food and I have not had it happen in my game. Thus no clue as to why or where it is happening.

Now DH doesn't say Which Logs he needs unfortuanately. So I would give him All logs.

JosEPh

I expected something to appear in the PythonErr.log file but it does not. I will need to put some trace prints in. It looks like it is adding food every time any volcano is erupting not just when a new one or dormant one erupt. Going dormant is supposed to remove the extra food.

It just adds or subtracts one. We had a problem before that when any volcano went extinct all extinct volcano plots had their resource redone. I have fixed that. Now it seems to be adding one to some plots a lot more than other plots. Until I can get to look at it and code some trace prints to see what is actually happening I wont be able to identify the problem and fix it.

Yeah, I figured it was rather problematic and tricky or it would've been easily resolved. I guess I'll be finding out if it really causes a major game imbalance for whatever city gets the benefit of snuggling up to said volcano.

Top Bottom