Couple of weird things / bugs

Plux

Emperor
Hi, I`m playing a long huge map 16 civ, loads of CS game with Korea atm and ran into some weird irregularities..

- Defensive pact with Spain doesn`t trigger, and is signed a couple of times simultaneously.
- There`s a problem with the fastest path search when a unit is next to a city and I want to move via another adjacent city tile (grass or plains with road) to some tile further, the unit first enters the city then to the adjacent tile before following it`s path, spilling half a movement point by going thru the city first.. there must be a modifier for entering city that does wrong perhaps?
- Sometimes units are unable to walk through other units. I`m not aware of any blocking tile promotion or status??? (this reminds of a nice-to-have promotion I was thinking of. maybe 2nd level promotion allow double stacking of units? but that`s another thing)
- I was attacking AI Babylon and my sieging units were attacked three times from the same citytile! One time city, two times bowmen. AFAIK inside a city can be only one unit? or is it AI bonus (King level)

minor issues
- when enemy units are near borders it seems that EVERY worker unit in the empire stops working. This might be by design to flee even from 4 movement units like knights but it`s quite annoying when you have bunch of workers improving empire on the other side of the empire. It seems this happens too often anyway
- it would be nice to have unit promotions shown on mouseovers, cause I`d like to easily distinguish medics for instance quickly
- The hwacha doesnt seem to be particularly more powerful for units in practice, but is particularly less powerful when sieging cities.. I`d prefer my trebuchets most of the time..
- Great Merchant missions pays the same, bit meager award for every city state no matter the distance to the capitol or border town. I`d prefer the game to have a bit bigger ransom for missions further away..
- I miss forest/jungle regrowth.
- City States should be razeable most of the times imo..
- te gatlin gun comes very early it seems, quite a powerful unit

Some of these are perfect for modding I know, but still I wanted to mention

Some things might be just design choices, but for the bugs mentioned I should have some saves and/or screenies.. let me know if you need them

One other thing I thought of that I noticed
- Policy saving - when flagged in the game settings - doesn`t seem to work or I`m missing a special button?

What I am experiencing even after the Hotfix is:

1. still sometimes pop-up windows don't appear (I played Into the Renesaince scenario and sometimes I coundlt puppet captured cities, and sometimes I didnt see the popup window with the message that I got points for capturing a city with foreign religion).
2. my happiness is broken (also in this Into the renesaince game). After I reload the game is seemes fixed coz I went down to negative 65. Before I saved I was always on positive happiness. And the game was easy even on Emperor which I was playing on.

Anyone having same issues?

I didnt know you could capture a city by only spreading religion.. i thought the whole religion thing was totally reworked and conceptualized in stead of being able to spread your empire

your problems sound serious

Some more things I noticed in a new game:

- ancient naval units like galleass cannot enter Ocean after researchjing astronomy...

Some more things I noticed in a new game:

- ancient naval units like galleass cannot enter Ocean after researchjing astronomy...

If the ship model isn't ocean worthy in the first place, why would it suddenly become so just because you know have to navigate better? Your engineers (so to speak) have given you the blue print for a new ship type that is ocean worthy.

and

Then all the transports in the game always seems to be of the latest models ;)

- when enemy units are near borders it seems that EVERY worker unit in the empire stops working. This might be by design to flee even from 4 movement units like knights but it`s quite annoying when you have bunch of workers improving empire on the other side of the empire. It seems this happens too often anyway

Agree i HOPE they will fix this!
Cant they just remove this enemy close & workers stops thing?
If i lose a worker to the enemy ITS MY OWN DAMN FAULT! But 90% of time they wont get my workers so this kind of system is tottally unnecessary!
Can a worker just continue his work and not stopping when enemy is close plz?

Found 3 threads with the same problem:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=462975
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2765502
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938528-/56524492

Top Bottom