Couple quick questions regarding G&K

todd_10

Chieftain
I just picked this up today for a pretty cheap price. I have the GOTY edition of Civ V. Do I need to start a new game for the G&K features to work, or will they cross over to an old vanilla save?

Also, for someone who has only been playing Civ V for a couple weeks, will adding the G&K pack on straight away make an already intense learning period even worse?

You have to start a new game. and I wouldn't say intense but you will have to learn some new stuff example militaristic city-states can give UU's (Unique units) from civs not in that game.
So just ask all the questions you need.

You have to start a new game. and I wouldn't say intense but you will have to learn some new stuff example militaristic city-states can give UU's (Unique units) from civs not in that game.
So just ask all the questions you need.

Okay, I'm just wondering if I put off installing it just yet, I still feel lost as hell playing vanilla!

I'd jump straight into G&K if i were you... you might develop some habits that will need to change with the additions of the expansion...
You can always drop down a difficulty level for your first few games...

Personally, I can't even remember life before the G&K expansion... I tried to play the wonders of the ancient world DLC scenario, which still uses vanilla settings (like city states not showing the influence bar, or a different ones, triremes being ranged, etc). it was really, really strange...

Top Bottom