Couple religion questions...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Malachi256, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Malachi256

Malachi256 Prince

1st - why do some trade routes carry religious pressure with them, but then others don't? For example, I have an option of starting routes with several city states but only some of them get the +6 religious pressure?

2nd - Great prophet conversion numbers. I'm confused why sometimes my great prophet will convert most of the the target city and instantly make my religion the majority religion, and at other cities the GP will only convert a small number and I'll have to use him twice. I suspect this possibly has to do with diplomatic relations with the target city, but I haven't really tested that theory.

2. VainoValkea

VainoValkea Emperor

1. Distance - a trade route won't carry pressure if there is already pressure between the two cities. Also, only the pressure of the city's majority religion gets transferred.

2. Could have something to do with the existing amounts of religious pressure or Unity of the Prophets reformation belief. The conversion system is mysterious as hell (heh) so I don't even pretend I understand it well.