[NFP] Court Festival, banned luxuries and the disappointing case of Buenos Aires

MrRadar

Deity
So the Court Festival project, on completion, brings Catherine the Magnificence 50 tourism per excess luxury (owned, bought or acquired through gaining the Suzerainty in a CS, based on the number shown at the bottom of the Resources tab -1).

If the WC (don't you love the abbreviation?) bans a luxury, the corresponding tourism is lost, you get nada from the particular lux, so, as in my case, some AI banned cocoa, of which I had 5 copies, so that meant -200 tourism gain per project for that particular luxury during the time of the ban. That is very nice attention to detail, kudos.

But...

I am the Suzerain of Buenos Aires, which means that bonus resources behave like Luxury resources and I have 26 excess copies of them. But they are ignored for the purposes of the Court Festival. Why? Minus kudos for lacking attention to detail. I want to win harder! :)

I am the Suzerain of Buenos Aires, which means that bonus resources behave like Luxury resources and I have 26 excess copies of them. But they are ignored for the purposes of the Court Festival. Why?
The optimist side of me says: Maybe because they realized that Court Festival was already super OP?

The realist side of me says: I wouldn't be too surprised if little thought was given to either case by the developers. But like you say, cudos to them for thinking the WC into it, if that was actually coded as a specific exception.

Either way, since BA makes bonus resources behave like luxury resources, but not make them luxury resources, you could argue that it makes sense that they don't count. :dunno:

Top Bottom