Covers Better than The Originals.

Sorry if someone mentioned this but the first thing that comes to my mind is Ike and Tina Turner's Proud Mary. They did a lot of covers, Come Together and Honky Tonk Women also comes to mind by Ike and Tina.

I really like Grace Jones' Demolitian Man which I think was originally by Sting but I've never heard his version.

I wanted to post a song where a band did a cover of their own song. ;) :D The cover is better mostly because of sound quality. The sound quality of the original sucks ass. Yes I do love this song to death.

Link to video.

Link to video.

edit: I found a version of the original with slightly better sound quality. still not very good though.

Link to video.

It was fifteen-odd years before I learned this was originally a Buddy Holly song, and not written for the show.

Link to video.

I know covers of Metallica are usually frowned upon, especially when done by artists from other genres who only seem to want to brag about how great metal can be once you do it with a symphony orchestra :rolleyes:, but I had to admit this is a little different.

Metallica covered in bluegrass style. For some reason, it works out and stays true to both Metallica and Bluegrass music.

Link to video.

Not to say this is really better than the original, though. But really good in its own way.

Ryan Adams' Wonderwall. If I remember rightly Noel Gallagher liked it enough that he based his live performances of the song on it.

It indeed was better! Or, that's not so big deal, since I don't care about the original, but it was nice to notice that the song itself isn't bad, just the way Oasis did it.

I know covers of Metallica are usually frowned upon, especially when done by artists from other genres who only seem to want to brag about how great metal can be once you do it with a symphony orchestra :rolleyes:, but I had to admit this is a little different.

Metallica covered in bluegrass style. For some reason, it works out and stays true to both Metallica and Bluegrass music.

Link to video.

Not to say this is really better than the original, though. But really good in its own way.

wow, I'm speechless. And I used to think Raining Blood was a genre bending cover.

It's cool, but I have trouble taking it seriously.

I just came into this thread to say I love the Hayseed Dixie covers.. how appropriate the above post :)

I won't post any due to less than family friendly lyrics, but I consider much of Richard Cheese's stuff to be better than it's source material.

wow, I'm speechless. And I used to think Raining Blood was a genre bending cover.

It's cool, but I have trouble taking it seriously.
Yeah, lyrics like "One"'s tend to create some kind of dissonance with bluegrass.

But I don't think it's meant entirely serious.

Never really liked Neil Young to begin with.

Link to video.

Though really, almost anything Cash covers ends up superior to the original.

Top Bottom