Covid: Lucky 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still see people outside walking by themselves wearing masks. I'd be more worried about breathing in material from the mask, god only knows what the tiny fibers can do once in the lungs

eh maybe not, people sleep with their faces up against pillows and sheets and I haven't heard of a connection to lung ailments

Heheh. I feel ya. It's the perennial game. "Am I dirty or potentially poisoned?"

Never understood the "I have an immune system" crowd whom is fearless against Covid ravaging their lungs
But at the same time are terrified of Masks

Walking around outside with a mask on and no one around doesn't protect against covid

Speaking of misinformation, lol.

"Wearing masks potentially results in microplastic inhalation, including microplastics from the air and from the materials of the masks."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7773316/

so not only can we breathe in particles captured by the mask from the surrounding air, but the actual material of the mask

"Wearing masks potentially results in microplastic inhalation, including microplastics from the air and from the materials of the masks."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7773316/

so not only can we breathe in particles captured by the mask from the surrounding air, but the actual material of the mask
Thanks for the link! Here's some stuff that isn't cherry-picked out-of-context :)
Results implied that wearing masks considerably reduces the inhalation risk of particles (e.g., granular microplastics and unknown particles) even when they are worn continuously for 720 h. Surgical, cotton, fashion, and activated carbon masks wearing pose higher fiber-like microplastic inhalation risk, while all masks generally reduced exposure when used under their supposed time (<4 h).
Thanks again!

First, I found two NY Post articles so they will spin it to Trump's favor; second, The Broadway League, representing the owners of 41 Broadway venues, requires all patrons to wear a face covering at shows. Performers on stage are not mixing with the audience. And naturally, there is more to the story than you let on.

EDIT:
From a different source, NBCNewYork.com
Lol, in 2022 mask wearing is theater & evidently theater is mask wearing.

You're saying you didn't cherry pick that?
On mobile it was displayed as separate paragraphs. If you want the full-context, here ya go, it's literally in the abstract:
Wearing face masks has become the new normal worldwide due to the global spread of the coronavirus disease 2019. The inhalation of microplastics due to the wearing of masks has rarely been reported. The present study used different types of commonly used masks to conduct breathing simulation experiments and investigate microplastic inhalation risk. Microplastic inhalation caused by reusing masks that underwent various treatment processes was also tested. Results implied that wearing masks considerably reduces the inhalation risk of particles (e.g., granular microplastics and unknown particles) even when they are worn continuously for 720 h. Surgical, cotton, fashion, and activated carbon masks wearing pose higher fiber-like microplastic inhalation risk, while all masks generally reduced exposure when used under their supposed time (<4 h). N95 poses less fiber-like microplastic inhalation risk. Reusing masks after they underwent different disinfection pretreatment processes can increase the risk of particle (e.g., granular microplastics) and fiber-like microplastic inhalation. Ultraviolet disinfection exerts a relatively weak effect on fiber-like microplastic inhalation, and thus, it can be recommended as a treatment process for reusing masks if proven effective from microbiological standpoint. Wearing an N95 mask reduces the inhalation risk of spherical-type microplastics by 25.5 times compared with not wearing a mask.

Thanks for the link! Here's some stuff that isn't cherry-picked out-of-context :)

Thanks again!

the context was a person walking outdoors with no one around

Japan’s had lower than one-tenth the mortality rate of the USA and there is no epidemic here of people suffering from inhaling mask particles.

???

could take years or decades for ailments to show up

Last edited:
Best Korea admits to ‘national disaster’ with a couple dozen dead and thousands infected with ‘fever’.

Am I dirty, or am I poisoned? :lol:

They're not used to it, man. Preach.

Though, mask wearing was more prevalent in countries like South Korea and Japan than it has been in the US. Do they have any research into the topic? Due diligence, I suppose, if it is a matter of concern. Iono? Very well may not.

Last edited:
:culture:"Those not busy being born are busy dying...":culture: Bob Dylan
There are many ailments that take years or decades to blossom into killers. Breathing without a mask in many cities is a slow killer too.

Surgeons and other medical personnel have used masks for decades and there is no report of increased likelihood of any disease or respiratory problems that I am aware of.
Well, it must be a deep state secret to over throw the medical establishment which is too conservative for likes of libruls.

There are many ailments that take years or decades to blossom into killers. Breathing without a mask in many cities is a slow killer too.

Many cities have pollution problems, west Topeka does not.

Surgeons and other medical personnel have used masks for decades and there is no report of increased likelihood of any disease or respiratory problems that I am aware of.

https://www.albertahealthservices.c...rm-from-mask-use-for-specific-populations.pdf

If I quote it I'll be accused of cherry picking, for those who dont want to read it, masks cause all sorts of problems. But I didn't see a study on the long term effects of breathing thru masks related specifically to particles getting sucked inside. I assume hospital workers regularly dispose of masks to avoid whatever has accumulated on them but many people re-use masks.

It's a paper you linked buddy. About masks and inhalation.

Guess what! It says masks help! Shocking, I know.

The paper said there was the potential of breathing in material and particles caught in a mask, taking that risk can be justified if you work in a hospital or factory but not walking outside with no one around because of covid.

https://www.albertahealthservices.c...rm-from-mask-use-for-specific-populations.pdf

If I quote it I'll be accused of cherry picking, for those who dont want to read it, masks cause all sorts of problems. But I didn't see a study on the long term effects of breathing thru masks related specifically to particles getting sucked inside. I assume hospital workers regularly dispose of masks to avoid whatever has accumulated on them but many people re-use masks.

Dumping a 41-page PDF that doesn't actually contradict the post you replied to is not a good-faith argument.

Yay! We have twice as many infections as we did last week! Here we go again! :faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom