Coward in Chief Blows Off Centennial Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
Yeah he's a stupid, demented old man being babied and coddled through this presidency he's manifestly unfit to occupy. Everyone can see that, but he's got a regency around him. Disgrace like this just reinforce the situation.

Anyone that is surprised hasn't been paying attention the last couple of years.

It actually is a bit surprising.
Maybe I'm thinking too much about it, but this can't be lazyness.
It's ether a deliberate insult his handlers were keeping him away because he was "an episode".

Here we go again another trash Trump fest on CFC.
Yeah he's a stupid, demented old man being babied and coddled through this presidency he's manifestly unfit to occupy. Everyone can see that, but he's got a regency around him. Disgrace like this just reinforce the situation.
Looking from my point of view Trump isnt any less smart or worse then majority of the people trying to trash talk him. He is different and quite outstanding in some capacities though which I find curious that the so-called progressives cant tolerate while preaching a gospel of tolerance. But by all means if your position is that most people are a prejudiced bigoted idiots themselves who have courtesy to stay out of high office then knock yourself out.
If you think however that by replacing an egoism of common prejudice by an egoism of percieved virtue you are better human being than I beg to differ.

Last edited:
He is different and quite outstanding in some capacities though which I find curious that the so-called progressives cant tolerate while preaching a gospel of tolerancer.

You're literally regurgitating the #1 go to defense of racists to make themselves victims, "why aren't you tolerating my bigoted views, I just want to be left alone to discriminate and deny other people rights"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

Or to put it in visual form

You're literally regurgitating the #1 go to defense of racists to make themselves victims, "why aren't you tolerating my bigoted views, I just want to be left alone to discriminate and deny other people rights"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

Or to put it in visual form
Of course Trump is a racist becouse he may have different point of view and acts independently. It all makes perfect sense. Trump is essentially Adolphs wet dream and we all know it. If you have doubts you are racist and bigot. Thank you very much and hello mr Torquemada.

Whats the important point used for trashing Trump this time? Seriously you can TOLERATE my behind...

Last edited:
Words can't even convey what a disgrace this is.
I am not sure what the content of this 'memorial service' is/was but it seems to me again that criticizing Trump for being insufficiently militaristic might not be the best move here.
Obama spend his 8 memorial days in Arlington (a bunch of times), in Annapolis and in Afghanistan.
Maybe that's proper.

Obama travelled to spend D-Day in Europe, by my count, at least four times.
Maybe that's proper too.

Of course Trump is a racist becouse he may have different point of view and acts independently. It all makes perfect sense. Trump is essentially Adolphs wet dream and we all know it. If you have doubts you are racist and bigot. Thank you very much and hello mr Torquemada.

Whats the important point used for trashing Trump this time? Seriously you can TOLERATE my behind...

We could break down all the times he's attacked prominent black people as "dumb", "low IQ", etc, or the time he retweeted (and since deleted) fake, exaggerated crime homicide stats about black people that are circulated by racists, or how he thinks the Central Park Five should still be executed in spite of DNA evidence, or when the FBI discovered he was refusing to rent to black tenants, etc, and that's just off the top of my head about one racial group he's attacked, to say nothing about Hispanics, Muslims etc

But you came into this very upset and offended, even though facts don't care about your feelings, so I doubt it would be worth my time or anyone else's.

We could break down all the times he's attacked prominent black people as "dumb", "low IQ", etc, or the time he retweeted (and since deleted) fake, exaggerated crime homicide stats about black people that are circulated by racists, or how he thinks the Central Park Five should still be executed in spite of DNA evidence, or when the FBI discovered he was refusing to rent to black tenants, etc, and that's just off the top of my head about one racial group he's attacked, to say nothing about Hispanics, Muslims etc

But you came into this very upset and offended, even though facts don't care about your feelings, so I doubt it would be worth my time or anyone else's.
I am not upset. Like you I dont wish to waste my time so I am trying to be rather brief and pregnant. I dont have my hand on the pulse of all US happenings so naturally I am going to be missing quite a bit. But you cant call someone racist becouse he judges someone to be of low IQ who happens to be a person of colour at the same time. Thats twisted, self-serving and very dishonest. Trump isnt an idiot so he never said "this person of colour has a low IQ" yet you shamlessly portrey him as such. If you are trying to say that no person of colour has a low IQ or cant be judged as such that would be just another dishonesty and reason why people with common sense like DJT.

Last edited:
Well turning up late for a Remembrance ceremony seems
consistent with turning up late for the wars themselves.
I think that Americans would consider it a good thing that their government did not need to lie them into the First World War, in stark contrast to the Asquith government, but only joined after American citizens were actually killed.
I am not sure what the content of this 'memorial service' is/was but it seems to me again that criticizing Trump for being insufficiently militaristic might not be the best move here.
Then it is a good thing that that is not the move.

The memorial service was attended by the heads of government of Germany and Canada, and the head of state of France. If there was a message, apart from the ritual of memory of the fallen, it was the traditional Armistice Day message - not the American Veterans' Day one - of "never again". The most widely circulated image relating to the event is a a Tweet by the account of President Macron, of him standing close to Chancellor Merkel, with the single word caption "unis".

I'm sure that somebody could figure out a tortuous route to militarism from that starting point, but I don't take it particularly seriously.
Obama spend his 8 memorial days in Arlington (a bunch of times), in Annapolis and in Afghanistan.
Maybe that's proper.

Obama travelled to spend D-Day in Europe, by my count, at least four times.
Maybe that's proper too.
Memorial Day is different in America than Veterans'/Armistice Day.

Anyway, I don't really think that it's comparable. The centennial of the armistice never occurred under Obama's Presidency. In America, rightly or wrongly, the concept of Armistice Day metamorphosed into something rather different in the 1950s, and it became less about the First World War memory of the event than something else. (Although it has still never turned into anything like what, say, Sedan Day became under the Kaiserreich.) There was no real expectation for the American President to attend European ceremonies for, say, the 92nd anniversary of the Armistice. But the 100th anniversary of the event is an appropriate occasion to remember the original event, and as such, I think it's reasonable to have a different expectation of the American President in November 2018 than of the American President in November 2017 or November 2010.

The other aspect of criticism comes from the fact that Trump was right there, in Paris, within a fifty-minute drive, and chose not attend because the Presidential helicopter often doesn't fly in the rain. This limitation did not prevent other world leaders from attending, nor would it typically have prevented an American President from attending an event. Apparently the Trump White House is incapable of dealing with such a black swan event as rain at 53F. There are possible explanations for this. Perhaps he and his staff are incompetent and didn't have a backup plan. Perhaps he scuttled their backup plan by saying it made for an insufficiently grandiose entrance. Perhaps he simply didn't care enough to want to attend without his helicopter ride. Who knows? None of these explanations reflect particularly well on him.

Objectively, is this individual event any worse than any other ceremonial or ritual snub or error by any other American President? Not really, no. It's another tally in the ledger for Trump's general disrespect, unsuitability for the ceremonial aspects of leadership, and blatant willingness to trade on threats of war (and actual war) while refusing to acknowledge the costs of war, all of which is far greater than any American President since Johnson. Is any of that particularly new? No, which is why this incident hasn't exactly been dominating coverage, either in MSM or social media. We'll note it, be somewhat embarrassed by it, file it away, and move on.

Keep in mind that by missing the ceremony at the cemetery, Trump got to watch TV in his hotel room. For him that is a win and doesn't put his hair at risk like rain.

Here we go again another trash Trump fest on CFC.

Looking from my point of view Trump isnt any less smart or worse then majority of the people trying to trash talk him. He is different and quite outstanding in some capacities though which I find curious that the so-called progressives cant tolerate while preaching a gospel of tolerance. But by all means if your position is that most people are a prejudiced bigoted idiots themselves who have courtesy to stay out of high office then knock yourself out.
If you think however that by replacing an egoism of common prejudice by an egoism of percieved virtue you are better human being than I beg to differ.

Lol ok champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom