CPP vs. Communitas?

deephouse7

Chieftain
I'd been putting off Civ 5 for a long time, mostly playing Civ 4. I thought I'd give Civ 5 a go, always heard Communitas is great. Then I see this and I'm a little confused. Is this just a mod that's similar in concept or is it literally a fork off Communitas with everything that mod contained plus more?

Also, this post is massive. The potential looks exciting. However, I'm a little worried about performance. If I were to do everything here, how much of a hit would I see?

.However, I'm a little worried about performance. If I were to do everything here, how much of a hit would I see?

Honestly, not much, as all of the new features are baked into the DLL (so there's is no LUA-based performance lag, as with Communitas). I'll leave it to you to decide if it is better or worse than Communitas.

G

Waaaay better than Communitas... trust me.

Plus, Communitas is dead. This one is alive and kicking, and still much more to kick, he...

You can't expect Gazebo to outright say it, but...this is much better than Communitas was when its development stopped, and this only continues to be improved.

Subjectively I would say CPP is balanced much, much better and AI performance is pretty much objectively better. This takes everything Communitas worked to accomplish and improves upon it IMO.

well CPP is better. though, communitas map was nice.
will be nice if CPP will also have a map mod.

Top Bottom