1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

3. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

4. originalMagoo

originalMagoo Chieftain

Looking for a UI project to contribute to. Could you use some help?

5. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

Yes, absolutely! Anyone can contribute by submitting a PR here: https://github.com/chaorace/cqui
    If you're looking for a jumping-off point, I encourage you to visit the issue tracker and take a crack at one of the issues. Some issues are marked as easy so that new contributors have a simple task to accomplish while they get used to Civ VI's UI structure

6. gelodgreat

gelodgreat Chieftain

bug report: sometimes city page doesnt close

7. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

I've made an internal overhaul of the way the cityview is assembled. It's committed to Github but not yet included in any release. If you'd like, you can avoid this bug in the future by downloading the latest version directly by going to the "Code" tab, clicking the "Clone or download" button, then the "Download as ZIP" button. This'll download the latest changes ready to use, including the backend overhaul fixing the city panel issues

8. jadel

jadel Chieftain

Thanks mate, pretty cool so far.

1 thing i dont like it having the delete unit open like that, any way to return it to a hidden option?

9. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

Is there a reason you say to extract to

\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC

I didn't read the instructions (oops...), extracted it to
    \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

and it appears to be working fine?

10. gliz

gliz Chieftain

My advice : don't wait for permission. It's just an obscure video game mod.

11. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

Most modders I've seen are very respectful of using other people's work.

12. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

Yes, very much this. If you fail to afford the modding community respect, the modding community will not respect you. Personally, I'm all for sharing, that's why this project is MIT licensed and tracked publicly, but I won't even be looking at the source for Divine's mod until I get permission, because I do eventually plan on incorporating some of the featureset from his/her's mod and the last thing I want is knowing how they did it when I'm not supposed to be copying them!

13. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

This looks choice. Thanks! Waiting to see what comes of the possible inclusion of the Divine Yuri mod as well.

14. gelodgreat

gelodgreat Chieftain

The problem still persist. the city status panel doesnt close unless you press the city again

15. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

16. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

I'll go ask, thanks for the heads up!

Could you describe in better detail so I can reproduce this?

This mod was built on top of QUI, which used the DLC method. Chances are I'll be changing the installation method over to the Mods folder next release if it doesn't cause any issues

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  17. gelodgreat

gelodgreat Chieftain

example i press the city sometimes it only opens the city status the one on the left side. sometimes it wont close or not show the tiles

18. gelodgreat

gelodgreat Chieftain

i think this mod has a conflict with Rule of Faith of @JFD it doesnt show the religous slot

19. chaorace

chaorace Chieftain

Yes, that's because both mods modify the religion screen. If you'd like to use both, delete the GovernmentScreen.xml and GovernmentScreen.lua files from this mod. By deleting these files you'll be losing the removal of the useless "My Government" view in the Gov Screen, but that's it, the rest of both mods should work fine

I know you're trying to help, but I need some actual critical thought about what you believe is causing this. If it only happens sometimes, it's not because you got unlucky, it's because a certain combination of actions you're taking is leading to this scenario. I am very interested in knowing, in detail, what those actions were so that I can reproduce the scenario myself and start investigating

20. gelodgreat

gelodgreat Chieftain

example if i happen to choose a new research and i recently open the city production sometimes the city status did not close and i cant choose a research. im going to try it again. i will report in full detail the next time.

edit: i think its fixed on the latest update.
    edit2: sometimes when i press enter and there is another production available in the city the choose production doesnt show. but if i press enter again it works. i thinks this is just a minor bug. ill look into it further

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016