CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Hi, quick question - is this mod compatible with "Quo's Combined Tweaks"?

Hi, quick question - is this mod compatible with "Quo's Combined Tweaks"?

They should be compatible. I do all of my testing of the "Combined Tweaks" mod with CQUI enabled, and have occasionally changed part of the mod's design to maintain comptability. I love CQUI and maintaining that compatibility is a priority. :)

Thank you very much for adding 'halves' to the pop limit on the city screen. I was so happy to see that turn up. Makes life so much better when doing improvements.

Perhaps I'm missing it, but I can't seem to figure out how to purchase with faith from the city screen. Is it somewhere other than in the production area now? Thanks! Love the mod!

I have a weird bug (I think this problem accord to other people). When i start a game i get the large mini map which is awesome, but after quieting the game and loading it the map goes back to normal size. Is there a solution to this problem(I tried downloading the map and installing it manually and i tried it from the workshop, but same thing keeps happening)

Hey man, first of all, great mod! Can't play without it anymore :)

Is it possible to implement a warning for population growth / border expansion like the enhanced ui did in civ5?

The borders between the domestic cities.
You can open an issue on a project's github page but I don't think it's a good idea to show borders between domestic sities.

Perhaps I'm missing it, but I can't seem to figure out how to purchase with faith from the city screen. Is it somewhere other than in the production area now? Thanks! Love the mod!
These buttons will appear near purchase with gold buttons when you found a religion or switch government to theocracy.

I have a weird bug (I think this problem accord to other people). When i start a game i get the large mini map which is awesome, but after quieting the game and loading it the map goes back to normal size. Is there a solution to this problem(I tried downloading the map and installing it manually and i tried it from the workshop, but same thing keeps happening)
Try to manually edit ...\cqui-master\Assets\cqui_settings.sql line started with "VALUES ("CQUI_MinimapSize", 512)" and change 512 to a lower value.

Is it possible to implement a warning for population growth / border expansion like the enhanced ui did in civ5?
The work on it is in progress.

Last edited:
I enjoy the mod, but I noticed that while using the autocracy government, I'm not getting the 10% bonus for wonder construction. The only other DLC I use is the official Vikings DLC. I also checked a save from the last game I played without the mod, (and without Vikings), and I do get the bonus in that case. So, it has to be the mod?

How exactly did you check it without the mod? The autocracy government gives this 10% bonus with CQUI and without it but this bonus isn't shown in city panel's production yield.

Last edited:
How exactly did you check it without the mod? The autocracy government gives this 10% bonus with CQUI and without it but this bonus isn't shown in city panel's production yield.

I played with the mod and when I was building a wonder, let's say it was 400 production and I had 20 in my city so it took me 20 turns to build. However, under autocracy it should have been built in 400/22 or 19 turns. It's not shown in the city panel, but it isn't included in the production either.

Then I checked an old save played without the mod and the autocracy bonus was there.

I've got saves to prove it, if you want them.

Ok, try it one more time then. But don't wait for 10-20 turns to completely build a wonder because at this time you can get lack of amenities and lose production for example. It's enough to wait for 1 or 2 turns and then calculate production panel's progress. You will see you have this bonus ;)

They should be compatible. I do all of my testing of the "Combined Tweaks" mod with CQUI enabled, and have occasionally changed part of the mod's design to maintain comptability. I love CQUI and maintaining that compatibility is a priority. :)

Hey isau, feel free to drop me a PM on discord or to visit ours here: https://discord.gg/YUXRR32. I'm a fan and I want to go out of my way to help make CQUI work better with your mod

Thank you very much for adding 'halves' to the pop limit on the city screen. I was so happy to see that turn up. Makes life so much better when doing improvements.

100% credit to bolbas for that one!

Just a quick question about 50% research done alert, i was under impression that this mod has that feature but i don't witness it when playing the game. Am i missing something, did i misunderstood - that feature actually isn't implemented?

It's part of the "news feed" kind of function, as opposed to being a dialogue box that you have to close.

Did anyone notice a severe slowdown with the latest update? Playing near the end of my game last night, clicking on citizens to 'lock' was taking several seconds each. Also, recently captures cities kept coming up on the production needed prompt when I had already queued a number of repair projects.

Just a quick question about 50% research done alert, i was under impression that this mod has that feature but i don't witness it when playing the game. Am i missing something, did i misunderstood - that feature actually isn't implemented?

IIRC, you have to enable that in the options every game, it is not turned on by default.

Top Bottom