1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. jaydoc

jaydoc Chieftain

Hi

I looked everywhere I could, but does CQUI add anything more than user interface changes? I ask because I noted an additional wildcard policy slot to the Chiefdom government that was not available in vanilla civ6. I disabled the mod and the slot disappeared. Did anyone else notice this too?

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

is it possible to add an alert for when a barb camp spawns in revealed territory? I often play without sound and missing the sound clue is annoying

also would it be possible to show how many turns until influence gets you another envoy when mouseovering the influence icon in the top bar?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Prince

Were you playing as Greece or Poland?

4. jaydoc

jaydoc Chieftain

As Greece. I am sorry, but being new to the game (the last I played was back in 2010) I still can't think of the various civ-specific things that might be happening. That was the reason why that slot showed up.

5. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

I know that "C" opens the civics tree and "T" opens the tech tree. Is it possible to get "C" and "T" to also CLOSE the civic/tech tree if they are already open?

6. TheodoreTrump

TheodoreTrump Chieftain

Hey CQUI, any update for today's patch? My game's no longer working and I cannot build any wonders or districts! Thanks

7. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

In case this is helpful:

I was able to load my pre-patch save and played a couple of turns, but I was unable to (1) place new districts or (2) open the governments window. Units sometimes showed white paths (I think it's the new trade route graphic) to a hidden tile on the bottom route of the map. And the notifications on the right side all showed up as exclamation points but no text would show up and I couldn't dismiss them.

Please feel no pressure to rush an update, but I do appreciate this mod so much!

8. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

:agree: Same thing here.
    There are icons on the top for Nuclear and Thermo Nukes.

9. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

Also requesting an update for the brand new patch. This mod should have been the vanilla UI. It's THAT good.

Flatline23, skodkim and qadams like this.
  10. TKP

TKP Chieftain

I agree!

skodkim and JamesCivFan like this.
  11. wetfred

wetfred Chieftain

He posted in the Steam thread he is working on it. Here is the link to watch the progress.https://github.com/CQUI-Org/cqui/issues/591

TKP and JamesCivFan like this.
  12. iamliberal

iamliberal Prince

I subscribed to the CQUI mod on steam, it downloaded, and when I booted up the game (I use an iMac), it lists the mod as enabled under Additional Content in the Main Menu. But when I open my saved game, the game doesn't have the mod's UI. I thought the mod is supposed to work for saved games?

13. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

From comments on Github, it sounds like a fix for CQUI is not coming anytime soon, due to the enormous problems the Summer Patch seems to have created because of its programming quirks. Really disappointed in Firaxis for letting this happen. I for one find Civ 6 insufferable to play without a decent UI like this one. Wake up, Firaxis! You owe us!

JamesCivFan likes this.
  14. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

This is both funny and tragic, because, at least during the Civ V days, there were Firaxis staff on here, watching threads, and sometimes even responding to certain stuff. This UI mod is a compilation of mods that fans have been asking for, all these months. To see Firaxis handling it that way and essentially forcing us to use a clearly inferior UI is something I simply do not understand.

15. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Indeed, it seems CQUI has over 50,000 subscribers and is one of the most popular mods for Civ VI. One would hope that Firaxis can't & won't ignore the problem that their own patch has caused in the game and in turn with the modding community, especially when it is mods like CQUI that make up for inadequacies in the design of the game's basic UI. But first Firaxis has to know that we are not happy with the situation.

16. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

I am checking out this mod and the description says the "useless" My Government screen has been removed. As far as I know, this is the only way to check your accumulated Legacy Bonuses and progress on current Legacy Bonus, so I consider it critical. Is there some other way to check that I do not know of, or does the mod add one?

Noble Zarkon and iamliberal like this.
  17. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Chieftain

You can not remove or add mods to a save game. Ever. For every mod you add or remove, you must start a new game.

18. Ovidious

Ovidious Chieftain

I too, only really started to enjoy the game after using the CQUI Mod. I am trying to imagine why the creators of this latest version of Civ did not keep some of the better parts of the Civ 5 UI, or at least give us the option to use a UI similar to Civ 5's.

Well, at least they gave us a restart button (which we already had in the mod) and the save configuration option.

19. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

Reading GitHub, one of the devs has a made a suggestion to boycott further development of CQUI in order to send a message to Firaxis to get their act together.

As a user of CQUI, I support this move, if indeed this is the path that the devs will take.

I don't think there's anything sinister in Fireaxis' intention; I think it's just that they've rushed the job and have a lack of community engagement.

If we support this move a lot of people won't play civ and/or buy dlc, and this will (hopefully) incentivise Firaxis to make better patches and/or content.

So, I say to the devs of CQUI: do it. Don't update the mod.

20. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

It is a gamble, might work. Depends upon what general community says and does. OTOH if Firaxis just closes shop for summer vacation, we're kind of screwed too.