1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. jadel

jadel Warlord

Do you have any idea why the "Production Completed" is always wrong?

Maybe when you were digging around in the files you saw something. Its so frustrating to me. Its the only thing left thats a pain in the ass.

Its nothing to do with the mod, it happens all the time with or without mods.

2. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

Dunno about that part... my LUA is way way rusty so I haven't even looked at/touched it. The current 'Civilpedia on the Main Page' (over at Nexus) modifies the original files.... which is why I don't use it.

I added it to the wishlist, since the awesome work here in combining the varous UI works out and about... For me, getting back into modding having the Restart option and Civilpedia on the main page, means a lot less 'click & wait' and more time to (re)learn and create stuff. :)

3. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Might want to wait a bit on the reset button, it' is still having problems. I tried to use it this weekend, and stability is still wonky. It caused my comp to freeze, and the being surrounded by city-states bug still exists. :deadhorse:

The good news....Loving your mod! making civ a better place, one ui addition at a time :cheers:

4. jadel

jadel Warlord

Its fine now, certainly the city state thing is fixed. I like it.
    No need to include it though.

5. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well the mod dev, must of put a new one together..I tried this one 2 days ago..Saturday the 5th. Will have to look at it again. :crazyeye:

6. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Ok -- joined your GitHub @chaorace . Might be better to collect Details + Infos + Coding results later on. Can't commit yet as i'd rather wait for the official SDK features. Just don't want to work at anything yet only to realize MUCH faster and easy solutions were possible with SDK.

7. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

Hey Chaorace... I found another one I'd like to see (eventually) added. I like the idea behind it, it's much better than vanilla in my opinion. :D

Sukritact's Civ Selection Screen
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sukritacts-civ-selection-screen.601454/

---

As for everyone not involved in this mod telling others or Chaorace what not to include or don't worry about it... stop it.

That's not to say that you can't say "such and such mod is having such and such issues", that's actually helpful, but to just flat out say "Don't bother with X mod"... You're being rude.

People can suggest/vote/point out to all they want, it's up to Chaorace whether or not he wants to try and include them (and up to whatever modder's work has been suggested of course).

You're not a special snowflake that your views take precedence over anyone else's. The only person's view on the matter here IS Chaorace's.

So stick to using the mod, bug testing, making suggestions, giving kudos/props/thanks, or just lurking and watching... whatever floats your boat.

Have a day.

8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Precisely (Refer to this.. #94 ). But don't call me rude for trying to be somewhat enthusiastic or "helpful" about VERY specific issues. Besides, i'll just follow your strange suggestion & maintain any further development pipelines straight into the GitHub structure --only-- from now on.
    Move along.

PS; Gee... just crossed the 2500 posts hurdle! And with these 4 Mods linked into my Sig, i'd say i earned some respect from this community.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  9. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

Actually, I wasn't talking about you, I haven't had any issues with anything you've said. As far as I recall, you haven't said anything like "No need to include it" or "it isn't worth the time to include" or "that idea sucks" -- All things that have been said at one point and time on these forums (not all in this thread though).

I'd prefer to keep things constructive and inclusive (of people) without negativity, I'm sorry you felt I was talking about you, next time I'll be specific about who I was speaking off, that way the right person can get offended.

10. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

I had a look through the code and failed miserably again to see if there's a way to have show yield set to default on a new game :(

Also, I tried to adjust your mod so that I could not have the tech and civic pop ups in the middle of the screen, but still get the notification after a civic to take me to the government screen.. Because I forget. Every. Single. Time :(

11. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sorry you feel so upset. I mostly agree with what you say...I guess it just sounds a bit passive aggressive. If offending someone is your goal, it's no better than someone just trolling the mod.
    The fact that people want to share their experiences is fine, I'd even say them saying not to use it it ok-ish..(but also very pointless) In the end the mod author will make their own decisions. :coffee:

On topic, I really like the direction of your mod...it's taking out the grind from the game. Not having to click 5 buttons to do everything is fantastic.

My wish list is fortified till healed hot-key, a reset map, and save settings from prior games.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  12. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

I'm not upset. My goal wasn't to offend anyone.

Text does not convey tone or intent. I am not ascribing attitudes/feelings/intent to anyone, please do not so with me. Ask and clarify.

You're second line is exactly what I think/feel about modding, which is why I spoke up in the first place. I chose not to point the finger at anyone in particular to avoid exactly this.

Seeing as that failed, and it seems that I am now the bad guy, I'll just leave. *shrug*

Have a good life, have good games, and happy modding.

13. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Hey folks, just wanted to chime in! All in all, I understand it's in the nature of forums for people to eventually rub each other the wrong way, but I'd appreciate it you you guys did keep it to a minimum, at least in this small corner of the world. That's not some jab pointed at any particular person, it's just that I know how easy it is for threads to spiral out of control and become an unusable mess. I really do check my inbox here every single day and it helps a lot if what I see is feedback and suggestions over what I've found today. This isn't to say that you've collectively offended my sensibilities or anything, just that it is extra fluff to sort through that I'd like to have nipped in the bud. Anyways, I've said my piece!

Changing the subject: I've experimented with a different way of displaying the citizen management icons and I'm unsure of how useful it is. Those of you on the current nightly: how do you feel about the current transparency/size adjustments? I'm considering making the default size 33% smaller than normal and making the new selected size the same as the old default.

14. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bad guy..no just a person w/ an opinion.

We are all here to talk civ, if not we hang out in Off Topic.

As we all say..just one more turn :thumbsup:

15. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

I played around with it a bit this morning, I found it difficult to manage my citizens with the transparency compared to 0.6. I might just need to get used to it.

16. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@chaorace , do you have a stable/alpha versions of your mod? If so I can help if you'd like. Either way awesome mod, fine sir!

17. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Well, in the colloquial sense I do. There's no actual build process so there's no such thing as a nightly build for this mod. That being said, when I use the term "nightly" I just mean the latest version of the mod downloaded direct from the github repo. You can always download the latest "nightly" mod version, complete with any new bugs and experimental changes here

18. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

What did you have to edit to get it compatible?? :)

skodkim likes this.
  19. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you for the quick response chaorace, and the link. :beer:

20. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

And i tried editting some files to make the map a little smaller, but didn't have any luck, how can I make it a touch smaller?