CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. Tipok

Tipok Chieftain

After exit, run game this selection not saved. I know about this option.

2. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Have you incorporated the latest trade screen and next city block in this mod yet ?

3. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Trade screen ran into an issue with crashing that I want to clear up before proceeding with updating it. Next city block has been customized a bit by me so it'll require special attention to bring the new feature in, expect that soon as I finish the current feature I'm pursuing

EDIT: Trade screen issue isn't new it seems, so I've greenlit the PR for the new version and submitted a bug report to Astog in the meantime. Next City Plot is coming soon, but not immediately

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Littlebob86 likes this.
  4. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Loving your stuff !

5. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

OK. Sorry i thought you meant return the option that the game has by default (whithout CQUI) rather than enable it by default in CQUI :o

The new version has semi-presistent options (they are saved with your saved game) so you only have to enable them once per game rather than on every reload. I'm don't know whether it's compatible with old saves thought.
    I don't think it's possible to enable them by default for every game without editing the code currently.

Littlebob86 likes this.
  6. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

I couldn't find any way to persist them as game setting, so save settings may be the best we'll get for now. The persistent options are compatible with old saves and should work without a hitch though

7. jadel

jadel Warlord

its really good, the setting screen is nice. Thanks.

I seem to be having more of an issue with the city details tab not closing properly than before. No scientific evidence though Im afraid. Just seems that way.

8. Tipok

Tipok Chieftain

(Sorry for bad english) I use your mod 0.6 and yet(not) another maps alpha 7, units screen. I don`t know why my setting popup civ/tech don`t save, please say where and what in your code need modify (if it`s not hard for your), that popup civ/tech stay enabled by default, i can do it for self. Easy i liked see this popups, nostalgia :)

9. jadel

jadel Warlord

Download the nightly from github. Then you have what you want. See above.

10. gliz

gliz Chieftain

Is this mod doing the boost timer notification? I only have a few mods and after redownloading all of them this morning I'm getting a popup every time a civic or science boost is nearing. Even the first ones without boosts (code of laws, pottery etc). How can I disable this feature please

11. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Yes, it's one of the new feature. I find it very useful personally (not for the very first techs of course) as i keep forgetting to change research when i reach half researched status for a tech/civic i'm about to get the eureka.
    I don't think there is a setting currently to enable/disable it.

12. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Modular settings for LOTS of UI tweaks are coming soon now that the new settings menu is complete. Keep an eye on the repo for when that happens

CyberFox and Littlebob86 like this.
  13. biship

biship Warlord

Fantastic mod - thanks!

14. jadel

jadel Warlord

Did you make the build window font and selections tiny in the new build or is it something else I have installed?

15. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The mod is working flawlessly. Such a big improvement imho :cheers:

Ok not sure if this has been brought up, but The Production Que

is a thing. Is there a plan to merge with CQUI?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  16. Tipok

Tipok Chieftain

I use last subversion from github and persistent save choose popup civ/tech are correct saving (not always disable that was before), thanks.

Only one trouble stay: it`s not bug your mod, it`s conflict i checked. Not icons in new pins. I install only your mod and generate new map = all work and visible, your mod + yet(not) anoter map alpha 7 = not visible. It`s conflict, i write it as not a complaint, only for you know it.

Attached Files:

17. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Yes
    Yep, this was going to be a direct-to-cqui feature from this same author, but it was decided to publish it as an independent mod since it was so useful. I've already gotten permission to port it to CQUI and it'll be coming in the near future after it matures just a bit.

I'm unsure of what to do regarding this. I'm pretty sure new maps won't be interacting with the same files CQUI uses...

18. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fantastic:goodjob:

19. jadel

jadel Warlord

Was it a big change? I would like to change it back, Its a bit too small (Im getting old!)

edit: Also the build list seems messed up to me now. It shows everything in the list even stuff that cant be built. For example lighthouse and harbour in landlocked city.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  20. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Great UI mod!

This has probably been asked before but I haven't found the info in that case.

Could someone explain what the numbers on top of the city banners are? First one seems to be turns before city growth but I dont know about the rest.

\Skodkim