1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI caused right click not to work after todays patch.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by trevpow, Feb 7, 2018.

1. trevpow

trevpow Chieftain

Hi all,

had an issue with right click not working after todays patch, so disabled CQUI and all seems ok now, anybody else had any problems with it?

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Patches always break mods. Just disable them until the modders say they are fixed.

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

no surprise there, it looks like we are all out of mods for the time being.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  4. Larsenex

Larsenex Chieftain

Is the expansion available today?

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

About 10 hours.

6. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

I saw people complaining about that on steam, I was worried it was yet another patch with a game breaking bug. Thank the crab god it's mod related.

7. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

I guess that means I can't finish my current game on a Ludicrous Map.

8. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam GiftOfNukes

Useful advice, but sad that devs can't match even the limited amount CQUI adds to the table.

9. katanaD

katanaD Chieftain

but when all you have is computers "play testing" games set to no(zero) humans, you dont need a good UI now do you??

;>)

10. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam GiftOfNukes

I guess that would explain why animations can't be turned off and happen in the fog too! That way the AI can still enjoy the game more.

11. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I find it absaolutely hilarious that people don't disable the mods straightaway, but then I guess not everyone has a basic understanding of game engines.

Duuk, Slayan, Ondolindë and 3 others like this.
  12. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Chieftain

Unfortunately this time, disabling CQUI doesn't solve UI issues on pre-patch games. Several parts of the UI are non-responding. Switching CQUI on-off during a game was perfectly safe before the patch broke things. It seems like those games are forfeit.

What i don't understand is why Firaxis insists on making UI changes with their patches, breaking UI mods in the process, even thought by now they clearly showed that they are unable to create a good UI for Civ6. They should just stop touching it and leave UI design to people who are actually able to do it well as crazy as it sounds knowing they are the paid professionals!

13. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

Not everyone likes CQUI or think it's an improvement, probably less than 5% of the user base using it.

14. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Yea might not play much with the vaniila interface.

Good thing we can just mod problems away! Oh right.

15. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

CQUI brings alot on the table!
    Turn it off. ;)
    Not at my PC at the moment. Does anyone know if CiVI will start in offline mode? I have a game going I'd like to finish before getting the patch...

16. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Chieftain Supporter

Where are you coming up with that estimate? I am forced now to play without it and it's a MAJOR loss. The city panel alone is so frustrating on the base game not to mention all the other information available in the mod and the build queue.

17. pgm123

pgm123 Chieftain

I don't play CQUI. But you do have me curious if there are mod usage statistics. I feel fairly confident the vast majority of players use no mods.

18. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

CQUI currently has 55,000 subscriptions on the Steam Workshop. The game itself has a current playercount of 21,000 or so. While I personally am not going to go with an actual estimate, and even considering the vast success of CQUI as a modification, those subscribers are not as large a number as folks might think.

Here's SteamSpy for some rough figures. Nevermind not giving an estimate, I figure I might as well throw up what the maths turns out with:

Players in the last 2 weeks: 609,939 ± 24,426 (20.97%) (http://steamspy.com/app/289070). By the current subscriber count, that's less than 10% of the active players in the last two weeks.

Against a base ownership of 2.9 million or so, apparently. So it's important to remember that regardless if the number is 610k, or 2.9 million, that number of subscribers doesn't actually change. Only 55,000 owners of the game on Steam are subscribed to CQUI.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  19. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Chieftain Supporter

The question is what types of players are you referring to. The super casual who probably never come to this forum and play at lower difficulties? Veterans who have thousands of hours of play time? Someone was quoting somewhere that only 40% of the player population have ever won the game. I wouldn't want to include that 60% that maybe played the game a few times and never came back. Certainly Firaxis would as once they sell the game they have won already.

20. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

But it is like this in most games (I daresay 95%) and in CiVI like from the start: patch comes out, breaks mods, the awesome modders need to rebuild. But what would you prefer: no patches?
    I admit, after one of the "lesser good" patches I waited for CQUI to return before playing on...