CQUI caused right click not to work after todays patch.

A lot of people may not know about it though. I didn't at first. I rarely play mods in general. And everytime I post to the Civ reddit someine usually asks about it.

CQUI currently has 55,000 subscriptions on the Steam Workshop. The game itself has a current playercount of 21,000 or so. While I personally am not going to go with an actual estimate, and even considering the vast success of CQUI as a modification, those subscribers are not as large a number as folks might think.

Here's SteamSpy for some rough figures. Nevermind not giving an estimate, I figure I might as well throw up what the maths turns out with

Players in the last 2 weeks: 609,939 ± 24,426 (20.97%) (http://steamspy.com/app/289070). By the current subscriber count, that's less than 10% of the active players in the last two weeks.

Against a base ownership of 2.9 million or so, apparently. So it's important to remember that regardless if the number is 610k, or 2.9 million, that number of subscribers doesn't actually change. Only 55,000 owners of the game on Steam are subscribed to CQUI.
Does steamspy count the different logins or the rare number of playing folks? I'd say in your 610k or 2.9 million there might be (I actually have no idea!) a lot of non active players or multiple logins of recurring Players. Players playing a game more are more likely to use mods I would assume... But whatever... :king:

Does steamspy count the different logins or the rare number of playing folks? I'd say in your 610k or 2.9 million there might be (I actually have no idea!) a lot of non active players or multiple logins of recurring Players. Players playing a game more are more likely to use mods I would assume... But whatever... :king:

I login at least six times a week but I am only one subscribed player. So do I count as 12 (for two weeks) or 1?

Not everyone likes CQUI or think it's an improvement ..

Map pins that are useful, a city screen that doesn't have a different tab for every little thing you want to do (literally *nine* of them), science and military info on the leaders' icons, additional (useful) map lenses, and a build queue are undoubtedly UI improvements to me. Not to mention that the Great People screen doesn't bizarrely require scrolling and the city production list doesn't block a bunch of the city panel. I'm truly flabbergasted that none of these were added to the game with R&F.

Map pins that are useful, a city screen that doesn't have a different tab for every little thing you want to do (literally *nine* of them), science and military info on the leaders' icons, additional (useful) map lenses, and a build queue are undoubtedly UI improvements to me. Not to mention that the Great People screen doesn't bizarrely require scrolling and the city production list doesn't block a bunch of the city panel. I'm truly flabbergasted that none of these were added to the game with R&F.

We've seen from the dev plays that they are perfectly happy clicking around in ignorant bliss. They either don't know the UI can be improved, or are purposely ignoring it. That production list blocking the city panel is the most egregiousoffender to me. Even someone playing their first game ever will notice it, and know that something is wrong.

I don't understand why they don't have each new patch disable mods (but not the dlc!) when it installs to prevent this confusion which seems to happen every time.

And I mean, this problem has been really been going on since Civ 5 really, but since optimal play typically didn't support more than 4 core cities (non-puppets), the UI failures of this game just weren't quite as apparent until Civ 6. In Civ 4 you have not just the production queue, but a much more interactive empire ledger (compared to Civ 6's ugly "Reports" system) that let you sort cities multiple to be cities to be producing a specific thing. I don't have to actually scroll around the world map and click on every city and tell them individually that I want them making a cannon.

It's not like these are crazy theoretical ideas that would improve the UI; these existed in Civ 4 and were considered helpful for the player, then Civ 5 took it away, and now Firaxis has apparently decided we want to have thousands of extra clicks per game now.

I can't believe the developers actually play the game because as the game progresses you get more and more cities to manage that you used to be able to just puppet. Every new city you capture has a handful of buildings to repair, and with a build queue you can just load them up with a few clicks plus another couple buildings and forget about that city. Now you get dragged back to all those new cities every turn to clean up the mess. There isn't even an option anymore to just have a city produce gold/science/culture or any kind of auto pilot. I play on small maps and even with CQUI the management grows tiring near the end of the game. (I tend to do a lot of conquering.)

CQUI brings alot on the table!
Turn it off. ;)
Not at my PC at the moment. Does anyone know if CiVI will start in offline mode? I have a game going I'd like to finish before getting the patch...

Force the matter, pull the plug on your modem or disconnect the router before you start your computer or bring it back up from sleep mode. Mind you, I'm not sure if that will put it into offline mode for the NEXT time ... I went to offline mode this morning and will just wait on mods.

CQUI brings alot on the table!
Turn it off. ;)
Not at my PC at the moment. Does anyone know if CiVI will start in offline mode? I have a game going I'd like to finish before getting the patch...
Civ6 works just fine offline; I always play offline.

Civ6 works just fine offline; I always play offline.

Do achievements register when playing offline? I was afraid that was not the case and I was to tempted by the AI improvements to not take the patch and stay in online mode.

And I mean, this problem has been really been going on since Civ 5 really, but since optimal play typically didn't support more than 4 core cities (non-puppets), the UI failures of this game just weren't quite as apparent until Civ 6. In Civ 4 you have not just the production queue, but a much more interactive empire ledger (compared to Civ 6's ugly "Reports" system) that let you sort cities multiple to be cities to be producing a specific thing. I don't have to actually scroll around the world map and click on every city and tell them individually that I want them making a cannon.

It's not like these are crazy theoretical ideas that would improve the UI; these existed in Civ 4 and were considered helpful for the player, then Civ 5 took it away, and now Firaxis has apparently decided we want to have thousands of extra clicks per game now.

Civ 5 had both a sortable city list/empire ledger as you call it, and a production queue as well (though it was missing other of 4s UI features). 6 has neither

If you know you're going to manage an achievement, make a save for immediately beforehand, and just reload and execute when you feel it's safe to go back online (probably once you're near-done with your current game).

Every new city you capture has a handful of buildings to repair, and with a build queue you can just load them up with a few clicks plus another couple buildings and forget about that city.
It's a philosophical thing - the Devs don't want you forgetting they think going back to the city keeps you immersed.

We've seen from the dev plays that they are perfectly happy clicking around in ignorant bliss.

HAHAHA. How pathetic and ignorant would someone have to be to not see
that devs are trying to demonstrate new features, and that they aren't trying
to find optimal moves as they are talking through the points.
Seriously, it's about as pathetic a attempt at an attack as I've seen.

They either don't know the UI can be improved, or are purposely ignoring it. That production list blocking the city panel is the most egregiousoffender to me.

Maybe they don't think it is as important as you do.

Even someone playing their first game ever will notice it, and know that something is wrong.

Claptrap backed by no evidence.

I think presuming that SteamSpy can't handle the difference between unique users and recurring sessions with the same SteamID (i.e. player) is a presumption that would need to be proven :)

Yes but they will register once you go back online.

Right, but if I go online and the game updates, games saves from older versions don't tend to work anymore. I have had every game I was playing before a patch get ruined and I had to start a new game. Now maybe it would be playable enough to just finish and win, but that's a gamble wasting all that time and not get an achievement. For now I am stuck again with a crappy UI that hopefully will fixed before I get to my next game in two or three weeks. (I only play for a few hours each day on weekends, and with all the extra clicks it might take me longer than normal to finish my game.)

HAHAHA. How pathetic and ignorant would someone have to be to not see
that devs are trying to demonstrate new features, and that they aren't trying
to find optimal moves as they are talking through the points.
Seriously, it's about as pathetic a attempt at an attack as I've seen.

Maybe they don't think it is as important as you do.

Claptrap backed by no evidence.

Have you even bothered to try CQUI? Maybe you don't realize what you are missing out on. I discovered the CIv V equivalent years and years ago and it's pretty addictive. Once you have experienced what a good UI is you have a hard time tolerating what Firaxis thinks is good enough.,

Top Bottom