Crash around turn 250

javaja

Chieftain
The attached save is about 10 turns prior to the crash. I'm so frustrated because I had not saved for about 10 turns prior to the crash... and I'd just about had it with this game anyway. Between fixing display errors and patches etc breaking saves, I decided to leave a game running instead of saving/reloading to get a final huge map Immortal game done... and then it CTD'd on me as I was cleaning up, one capital away from a domination win.

This is a MODded 1.0.0.62 game, vanilla Civ V (preorder, no special edition) running:

Attila's Mod v.5
Improved Demographics v.3
InfoAddict v.4
Random Events v.7
Soldier Personalities v.2
Unlimited Barbarian XP v.1

To the best of my knowledge all of these are stable. I've successfully run at least half a dozen games up to turn 400 wins with the exact same cocktail. While it's possible that MOD interference caused the crash, I'm more inclined to believe it's game related, considering the mess of other crashes Civ V has caused. If anyone else can confirm this type of crash we'll have yet another fix for Firaxis to implement.

Incidentally, there's also a city which is glitched: invisible, to the west of Mecca (capital). This is a bug I've seen before but never been able to capture on a save. You can see the city name but where the city graphic ought to be you see the underlying terrain only.

Attachments

• Mod Save.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
I played it back up to turn 249. When I hit enter to end the turn, the game crashes. It's duplicable on my system, every time I end the turn the game crashes. Obviously it's not a save game error, as I was able to reload that save I linked in the last post and play through those turns.

Tripoli was the invisible city. Reloading the game made it reappear, so I'm guessing its "just" a display issue. Oh well, still annoying when it happens, but not a *major* issue imo.

Attachments

• Alternate 2.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Top Bottom