1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash due to mods that weren't there (GS)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by CaptainPatch, Feb 15, 2019.

1. CaptainPatch

CaptainPatch Lifelong gamer

Just had the game crash to Main Menu. The message panel said that it was due to a mod conflict and suggested disabling all mods. the thing of it is though, the only mods that were active were the Firaxis DLCs and expansions.

So is this a GS bug or what?

ADDENDA: Tried to Resume from that Main Menu screen. Crash. Managed Mods and disabled all of the official mods except for the R&S and GS expansions. Resume = crash. Exited the game entirely and restarted it. Resume = crash. Started fresh again, but instead of Resume, Loaded a Save from a short while before the first crash hit. Crash.

It looks like the game has become unplayable. My next step will be to start a fresh game and see if the crashes start again along about the same Turn number.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

This has all the earmarks of a borked installation. I predict that validate integrity will show no problems. One solution might be to delete everything in your Civ VI folder under My Games and restart. The game should rebuild the various .ini files and all may be good. If that doesn’t work, a clean reinstall (not just a Steam uninstall/reinstall) may be required.

3. CaptainPatch

CaptainPatch Lifelong gamer

I'll look into the validate local files first.

Awhile ago I was playing GalCiv 3 and for some reason, I needed to validate files like every other turn. This might be something similar.

UPDATE: I just validated the local files (in Steam). Four files needed to be fixed. I'm thinking that was the culprit: the program was reading corrupted files as mod interference.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019