1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash during convoy movement after capturing UK city

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by kogre, Jun 10, 2015.

1. kogre

kogre Chieftain

So i am finally doing a play through as the germans, i wanted to see all the cool toys they get to play with :lol:

After playing as the French and realizing how strong the Maginot line is, i developed a plan to open up France, which im keeping under wraps... just think... south :mischief:

So France falls in April 1940, the scripted event works like a charm, thanks for everyone 's hard work on debugging that.

Onto the British Isle's go all my forces... and wow are those Cities tough. I get stuck on the beaches between London and Plymoth, trying to force a city to come to the Reich, as well as landing on the East side of the Isle. Heres where the interesting bug came in, and a change in playstyle for me.

I finally kamakazi enough units at Plymouth and capture the city; then while processing the end of turn the game crash's. Its June of 40, and all of those convoy's have no where to go it seems. So i go back to the save point, and dont capture the city, and all my southern england army just turns into a big diversion, leaving Plymoth uncaptured for the convoys to have a valid target to land while i blockade it with subs and sink every transport that comes near it.

I have held off on that city and may just leave it period and take London after i wear out the brits and now it being June of 41 and Barbarosa time ill keep folks posted.

as a side note on some observations... man those british cities are tough. Even artillery supported infantry mutinied on me :crazyeye: Even with seige promotion infantry and artillery with logistics, seige, and anti fortification improvements those cities are taking a whopping.... 1 damage per attack while smashing my troops for 15 a pop. It seems the way to beat the british on their home turf is to just keep the attrition going, they are finally out of material, and i have some SS infantry there along with some Stug III's, so its just a process of wearing them out.

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

@kogre

thanks for the report, if it happens again, I would like to see your log from the crash (or an end turn save game)

3. kogre

kogre Chieftain

I beat that last game pretty fast, i forgot i was trying to let it progress to get all the goodies :lol:

So in this game, remembering that im after all the goodies, France down in January of 40, landed on Britan the next turn. Remembering the great crash of the other game i left Plymouth alone just blockading it. I have taken all of the British cities on the isle now, its about December of 1940, to include Plymouth, and the game is just fine. I have my own "Reich Curtain" on the eastern border, ill just fortify a wall of infantry, artillery and armor all along the border and let the turns roll while i take out the Greeks and Yugoslavia.

In yet another gee whiz moment, in my game with the Italians with germany doing... nothing... i had a interesting crash. I had taken all of North Africa, and had units on the Iranian border just waiting for Russia to invade it so i could then try to steal Iran myself. It seems that the Italians liberate in Iran, however i was not friendly or allied with Iran, my units couldnt move in their territory, and the game crashed after i had invaded the russian areas, liberating it back to Iran and then getting stuck and crashing.