Crash/Freeze when I meet a new leader.

I am frequently getting game freezes or crashes when I meet a new leader for the first time (the leader screen shows immediately prior to crashing or freezing). It's got to the point where the game is basically unplayable.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I have attached my dxdiag in case this is something that can be fixed via graphics settings etc.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    46.4 KB · Views: 63
I am frequently getting game freezes or crashes when I meet a new leader for the first time (the leader screen shows immediately prior to crashing or freezing). It's got to the point where the game is basically unplayable.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I have attached my dxdiag in case this is something that can be fixed via graphics settings etc.

When it freezes on you, does the entire monitor go black?

Leader scene quality is set to Medium.

I get a frozen leader screen - it does not go black.

I will upload a .mdmp file if I can get it to crash.

Got a crash on the leader screen. I have attached the .mdmp file.

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_322813_crash_2012_7_30T4_18_14C0.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 39
Could you try the following:

Navigate to your My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/

Open the GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini, and adjust the following lines to "0".

; Allows use of SM4.1 codepath (if supported)
AllowSM41 = 0

; Allows use of SM5.0 codepath (if supported)
AllowSM50 = 0

Let me know if this makes a difference for you.

Will try that and report back. Might take a few days to confirm that it fixes things.

Many thanks for your help!

Edit: Interestingly I don't seem to have either line in my config.ini. Which section do I need to add these to?

Will try that and report back. Might take a few days to confirm that it fixes things.

Many thanks for your help!

Edit: Interestingly I don't seem to have either line in my config.ini. Which section do I need to add these to?

Apologies, I mentioned the config.ini, but I meant the GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini.

Thanks, and let me know.

Got a freeze when I met the leader of Siam. This is with the changes to GraphicSettingsDX11.ini as stated above. Ctrl+Alt+Delete (to get into the task manager) caused the game to crash. I'm not sure how much this .mdmp will help, but I will attach it anyway.

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_322813_crash_2012_7_31T20_0_22C0.zip
    30.5 KB · Views: 63
Also seems to be specific leaders that are causing a problem. Greece, Aztec and Sweden were fine, but it was the Mongols who froze my latest game. Siam is also a problem.

Top Bottom