Crash-inducing savegame - several of them!

Wolpertinger

Chieftain
Okay, so, I'm playing a 'Play Now' (although it's happened on scenarios, too) game, normally, and throughout the game when I make horrible catastrophic game-ending really stupid mistakes I load and autosave and go back a turn every now and then. The saves are working just fine and nothing unusual is happening. Then, when I load an auto-save after a mistake.. it CTDs and gives me the little report-it-to-microsoft crash window. I go 'oh well' and try loading it again after reopening the game. It crashes again. I try the next earlier autosave. It crashes too. I try every single autosave on the list, including ones i've used before just fine.. they all crash. I try a manual save I used before near the beginning of the game.. it crashes too. I'm not quite sure how an entire /game/'s worth of saves gets corrupted, including formerly working ones..

I can still create a new game, and it'll play just fine. I can also load older scenarios from earlier today. I'm not quite sure what's wrong, but having a chance to TOTALLY lose all my data every time I'm playing is sort of an unpleasant doom to be over my head.

I've had this problem a few times before, so it's not a one time thing, but it wasn't quite as terrible before due to them being on a scenario I was pretty much losing anyway (damn you, Momus!)

Oh, and here's the saves.

Attachments

• Alexander AD-0263.CivBeyondSwordSave
    325.8 KB · Views: 45
  • AutoSave_AD-0248.CivBeyondSwordSave
    309.4 KB · Views: 53
I was able to load both saves with 0.41, so that's what you're using. I suspect that you have an old version of 0.41. If you still have the installer, check to see if the size is 376,681 KB. If it isn't, or if you no longer have the installer, then redownload and reinstall 0.41.

I installed only a few days ago from the website, though.. I'll try installing again, however.
Don't have the installer any more to check, though.

Late reply, but a total reinstall of civ4 and FFH was the only thing that worked - but now /everything/ seems to work smoother on civ4. The entire installation might have been bugged.

I'm having a similar problem. I get a lot of crashes. I had thought it was just a memory leak or other type issue, but I just got this computer a month or two ago, and it is much faster than my last one. But while with the old computer things would bog down terribly in later years of games, this one never slows down, it just crashes... I'm not sure whether it is my computer or the mod. I just ran a bunch of tune-up stuff on my computer, and am still getting the crash. Now I'm reinstalling FFH.

Here is the save that causes the crash. It'd be great to know if it crashes for anyone else:

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0335.zip
    844.2 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom