Crash issues - need advice s'il vous plait

Spaig

Chieftain
Hi, me again.

So, the issue is this. When I try to start a new game in AND, it crashes. Generally, it happens between "Initializing" and "Initializing Graphics". Music stops, "program has stopped working" popunder, dump file generated.

It was working fine yesterday - the only difference is that I have more sleep now.

My computer specs are as follows:

Pentium 4 3.2GhZ
4 GB of RAM
Windows XP

Needless to say, it's a bit aggravating. Any tips?

EDIT: Apparently it's all mods, not just AND. Probably should move this or something - but I can't do that myself. Anyway, since it's a general issue, I should mention that I put in more RAM since the last time Civ worked properly. That's the only major change I can think of.

Hi, me again.

So, the issue is this. When I try to start a new game in AND, it crashes. Generally, it happens between "Initializing" and "Initializing Graphics". Music stops, "program has stopped working" popunder, dump file generated.

It was working fine yesterday - the only difference is that I have more sleep now.

My computer specs are as follows:

Pentium 4 3.2GhZ
4 GB of RAM
Windows XP

Needless to say, it's a bit aggravating. Any tips?

EDIT: Apparently it's all mods, not just AND. Probably should move this or something - but I can't do that myself. Anyway, since it's a general issue, I should mention that I put in more RAM since the last time Civ worked properly. That's the only major change I can think of.

Windows XP only recognizes up to 3 gb of ram.

Unless you flick the 3GB switch, which I have. I thought that was implied, but then, I'm kind of a moron sometimes.

At a guess, its your installation pathway for R-AND.

IF you've got a non standard pathway, due to what ever.

Try editing the CvAltRoot.py file located in the Base directory of Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn mod (its located in mods)

I found that worked for myself, and I use a Ubuntu or Unix based system, emulating Windows XP, so I put in the path.

Don't forget to also alter the pink text at the bottom of the file as well.

Generally you'll find its some of the added mods can't find the correct path.

Based on System, it should play fine, mine does, and its only 3.0 GHz with 4 megGIG of ram. 128 bit video card (yes its a big problem) but I'm getting a 512 meg next week via mail order, its faster, more memory, and what it does for my sex life....:woohoo: :mischief:

Top Bottom