1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash on game loading after fall update anyone?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by LKx, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LKx

LKx Chieftain

Hi, i have an old laptop which i used to play civ6 in local network multiplayer with my son.
    It worked fine, but now it crashes toward the end of a game loading (in the civ presentation screen), tried also the minimum case of a single player two civs duel map with minimum graphic details.

It worked fine before the fall update AND before win10 decided it was about time to upgrade itself to the creators update (the "old" one, not the new fall one), so i don't know which upgrade to blame!

Are there any know crash issue with the civ6 fall update?

It's to be said that the laptop have 4gigs ram and an ATI Radeon hd6370 1gb, and it have to use old graphic drivers because it's been years that new ati drivers make it (and some other models) totally switch off the main screen, so i can't use the dx12 civ 6 version (which i don't use anyway even on my main pc).

PS: tried also turning off game mode and tried win7 compatibility mode (which crashes on run)

2. LKx

LKx Chieftain

Nevermind, tried to rollback win CU, win broke itself and didn't boot anymore with error 225, i wasn't able to recover it in any way and i had to do a clean install with win *fall* creator update.
    Now civ6 magically works again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.