1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash to Desktop With Elite Gaming Computer

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by StopBuntingPlz, May 25, 2019.

1. StopBuntingPlz

StopBuntingPlz Chieftain

Hey guys!

Im a C2C noob, as I just got a great computer for the first time.

My computer is NOT overheating or over working itself. I have amazing specs, and I just had my first crash to desktop out of nowhere.

Admittedly, I had Graphics options all set to high, and was using Gigantic map. But I was in the very early prehistoric era.

I had just finished a battle against an animal -- from what I have seen the crash to desktop after battles isn't computer spec specific? Is this correct?

Any ideas besides turning down graphics?

Thanks friends!

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

The game engine is the limiting factor here, not your computer. C2C simply pushes the boundaries of what's possible too far. The best advice is to play on a smaller map.
    You could push things further if you were willing to turn on the viewport feature. It can be found in the BUG options, a litle green grasshopper head image button below your gold display.
    Playing with viewports is annoying though and you have to learn some hotkeys and tricks to be able to navigate the map effectively. What the feature kinda does is that it cuts the map up into smaller pieces where you cannot easily move from one piece to another, this limits how much graphical stuff the game has to keep in memory at any given time and can help alot to avoid MAF's (memory allocation failures).
    I don't remember the hotkeys, try using your numpad or arrow keys while holding down alt or ctrl or shift or a combination of those. ^^

The mod is in development, and we are working towards more stability, but it may take some time to get it as good as it can be.

3. StopBuntingPlz

StopBuntingPlz Chieftain

Thank you.

Are there any particular optional toggles, like various C2C combat mods that are particularly taxing on the "boundaries" ?

Maybe certain optional toggles in combination with each other ?

Thanks again.

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Any option that enables new players to emerge are especially taxing, like revolution and barbarian civs options. That is because each additional player in the game increases total memory usage significantly.
    There is also an option in the BUG options that I think is called "No Storms", best to turn those storms off, they take a little extra RAM off your hand, doesn't look good, nor work all that well, and are simply annoying. ^^