1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash upon loading of the mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Knighthawkke, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Knighthawkke

Knighthawkke Chieftain

I looked through various Faqs and threads here and didn't find an answer for what I was looking for. I tried installing the mod using the included installer and got this when I tried to run the desktop shortcut file.

the game was not in a standard file folder so I tried uninstalling the mod and the game and placing them in the regular locations and it still shuts down on triggering, even if trying to start the mod in the game and not by the short cut.

I have the most up to date Vista Home Premium
    the Games for Windows complete Edition of Civ 4
    I found when I first installed the mod using the included installer the Desktop shortcut could not find the icon file in the Civ 4 folder

As far as I know BTS is up to date I ran the patch it gave when I used the included look for updates button. Oh and the regular game works fine along with Final Frontier and all

Really want to get in on this mod and would be grateful for any help :)
    Good Day.

Edit: Eugenics war has started.

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Are you by any change trying to install the mod in the My Games folder? Star Trek includes a significant amount of packed art that won't load unless you install to the BtS install folder. Eugenics Wars is essentially just BtS with some tweaks so I'm not surprised that it works fine even though everything else doesn't.

3. Knighthawkke

Knighthawkke Chieftain

I just clicked the auto-installer and let it do it's thing. I found some of the Star Trek mod files in the main game folder in general C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Star Trek If it would just give me an ounce of info on why it shuts down it would be so much easier to deal with I know.

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\StarTrek4.31 Is the folder I ran the installer from

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword Is the folder where the Icon File ended up

C:\Users\*****\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS Is Empty

In the C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Assets

there are 4 files

STArt0.FPK
    STArt1.FPK
    STArt2.FPK
    STArt3.FPK

Not sure if they have anything to do with the mod, but thought I would list them just in case.

I noticed the config file in C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Star Trek listed as

[CONFIG]

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
    ForceGameOptions = 1

; Modular XML Loading
    ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
    SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
    NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 1

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
    NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
    NoTeams = 0

; Always start in the standard era
    ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
    ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
    SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
    AllowPublicMaps = 0

; Mod Image file
    ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
    Name = Star Trek

; Description of Mod
    Description = Star Trek

I don't know what other pertinent info off hand I can give you, if you need me to looks for specific files in specific folders let me know and I will dig till I find them.

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

That looks normal so I'm not sure what's going on. I admit I'm a little rusty when it comes to crashes.