Crash V: Now More Crashes than Ever!

JFLNYC

Producer
I rarely post. I'm not a complainer. I find ways to work around bugs and problems and enjoy the game, which I've been doing ever since Civ II. The number of hours of pleasure Civ has given me is incalculable. But this is ridiculous.

The new patch downloads and installs. I fire up the game. But now, without even waiting until I start a game, Crash V crashes. I was just browsing mods and hadn't even set up a game. So I try again and this time it now only crashes pre-game, but takes me to a BSOD.

I figure it's something to do with the mods, so I disable all except "Have Fun." I'm able to set up a game, but as soon as I click on Have Fun, it crashes again.

OK, OK, I think to myself. No mods, period. So I set up a vanilla game and as soon as the game start, on the very first click, crash again.

I'm sorry, but this is just pathetic. As I said, I'll work around bugs and problems. But when I can't even start a game without a crash, right after yet another patch, something is very, very wrong.

So far I had one crash where my video card had gone loopy after about 48 hours, but other than that, it's been smooth sailing for me.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

;)

I'm playing on a huge map at present, round about turn 350, with the new patch, and no problems or crashes so far... :king:

Definitely not good. The patch SEEMS to be cutting down crashes for a lot of users, so you might be lucky and the problem is on your end and fixable. This is something I ran across in the tech support forum a while back...

""Take2 Support had me Verify the Game software through the Steam client and if found a faulty game file and replaced it.
Since that fix, this weekend, I haven't had a crash, but I will continue playing and hope that this fixes it long term."

"I have had the problem when I save and load multiple times, and also recently when I never turned off the game just kept it running 24/7 and came back and continued playing.

Out of all of the times that I have played, and it has been a lot, I have only gotten to win 5 times before the game crashed, and even with those, if I kept going a few more turns, it would still crash.

Also, I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and with dx11."

"I am running Win 7 - 64 bit.
I am just checking back, and although I am still avoiding the Large and Huge Maps, with the Standard map, after Verifying and fixing the files through Steam, the Game seems to have been fixed. No more crash problems. I am curious when the next "fix" will be distributed, and then I will try the Large and Huge maps and see if they are fixed as well."

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=411377

Might help you solve your problem? Doesn't sound like it, but, might be worth a try. Either way, good luck.

PS - on a side note, might be wise to start up a similar thread in tech support as well - get the people who are good at that sort of thing working on it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, verified the integrity of the game files and defragmented the game cache. I set up a game and a few seconds after the game screen loaded, crash. I'm running Windows 7, 32-bit and have tried both DX9 and DX11.

Thanks for the suggestions. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, verified the integrity of the game files and defragmented the game cache. I set up a game and a few seconds after the game screen loaded, crash. I'm running Windows 7, 32-bit and have tried both DX9 and DX11.

Did you install it in Program Files folder as that might cause problems for games.

I'm pretty sure you're below minimum system requirements.

If you're running windows 7 32 bit that tells me that your processor isn't a dual core. According to the steam store front you need a dual core processor in order to run the game (the minimum system requirements say " Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz")

With this game, you really gotta keep your video card drivers up to date.

Thats quite easy if you use ATI cards as Steam downloads updates for them automaticly. Still you have to initiative the install manually. :p

the only crashes that I have had were from when I was trying to load a game from before the patch, I had told it to hold off patching the game so that I could finish the game that I was in the middle of but it went ahead and patched it anyway

My game crashes when i start a new game but only about 1/10 times. When the game is started, it never crashes. This game has weird behaviors and seems to act differently from each of us. I can't disable animation too. Fortunately, i almost only play multiplayer, where default animations are disabled.

With this game, you really gotta keep your video card drivers up to date.

That was it. Needed the latest driver, but also uninstalled the HD Audio driver, which I suspect might have been causing some trouble. I noticed the sound cut out first, right before each crash.

I'm pretty sure you're below minimum system requirements.

If you're running windows 7 32 bit that tells me that your processor isn't a dual core. According to the steam store front you need a dual core processor in order to run the game (the minimum system requirements say " Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz")

I'm running an i7 920 quad core overclocked to 3.2 GHz (cooled with a Cooler Master V8) with 6 GB of DDR3 RAM on a Gigabyte X58-UD3R and an NVIDIA GTS 450 (Fermi) graphics card. So, no, I don't think my specs were the problem.

I'm running an i7 920 quad core overclocked to 3.2 GHz (cooled with a Cooler Master V8) with 6 GB of DDR3 RAM on a Gigabyte X58-UD3R and an NVIDIA GTS 450 (Fermi) graphics card. So, no, I don't think my specs were the problem.

Running a 32bit OS on a 6GB system kinda says your specs are the problem. You don't have 6GB RAM, you only have a little less than 3 GB on Win 7 32bit

Top Bottom