Crashes and Quitters = muliplayer broken

ThunderLizard2

Warlord
I keep posting no-quitters but still get at least two players that quit within the first 20-30 turns. Is this common with Civ V multiplayer? Is there a list of frequent quitters so I can boot them before the game starts? The AI takes over for the quitters and ruins the game for the rest who remain especially since the AI is terrible at playing.

Between this and the frequent host crashes, multiplayer is broken IMHO. The games has been out forever so it's amazing that Firaxis can't get it fixed.

Worthless quitters is definitely a problem in Civ MP public games. This is why it's good to build a list of reliable people who you can play with. Host crashes can be a problem as well. It's a crap shoot who can host and who can't. If you're crashing as host you simply should not host.

I play every day with pretty good success but I don't normally host because I often freeze up as host for no reason and often play with people that I know. If you're looking for good reliable players and a good host add me on steam. My ID is "The Borg".

I have a 7 and an 8.1 machine. Both freeze but the 8.1 rig seems to freeze more frequently. It's about 1 50% chance that a game will finish before crashing while on single player I rarely have a crash.

Worse than crashing is the quitters - really annoying.

I have a 7 and an 8.1 machine. Both freeze but the 8.1 rig seems to freeze more frequently. It's about 1 50% chance that a game will finish before crashing while on single player I rarely have a crash.

Worse than crashing is the quitters - really annoying.

Yes, quitters are a big problem in this game. Mainly because people of weak character will quit over the smallest set back. Good players on the other hand welcome a challenge and take set backs in stride.

Major Problem is that the main Groups in this community like NQ Group or US Player (Team games) make quitting common.
Ist sometimes just not called quitting but scraping, conceding or want to start new - but stays same allways. People not learning but starting games with unplayable Settings over and over again make things worse.

In civ3, civ4 and early civ5 when civplayers league was still active the community punished quitting lot harder and there have been a visible "Penalty" for quitting

Good players on the other hand welcome a challenge and take set backs in stride.

You start game and host crashes, you start another game and some1 quits, you start again and there is guy without BNW, you start again and some1 lags like hell... finally u found yourself between tundra and flat desert -> 'F%$^ this game, I go dota'.

You start game and host crashes, you start another game and some1 quits, you start again and there is guy without BNW, you start again and some1 lags like hell... finally u found yourself between tundra and flat desert -> 'F%$^ this game, I go dota'.

LOL that would be a really bad day. IStraight up random public games can have a myriad of issues for sure.

We had one jackhole player steal 2 other players' first settlers in a MP game the other day so they both quit, then he quit, we only had us left so we had to back out and re form.

Top Bottom