Crashes, Crashes and More Crashes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by ThunderLizard2, Apr 24, 2021.

1. ThunderLizard2

ThunderLizard2 Warlord

Has anyone else been dealing with frequent crashes since last patch. I got crashes while loading an frequently when playing.

2. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Which platform are you playing on? Are you using any mods? Have you bypassed the launcher?

Knightfall likes this.
  3. ThunderLizard2

ThunderLizard2 Warlord

Win10. No mods. Didn't bypass launcher.

Knightfall likes this.
  4. Miserable Old Git

Miserable Old Git Chieftain

No crashes. Win 10 desktop. Bypassed launcher.

Knightfall likes this.
  5. mrwho

mrwho Prince

No crashes, but I did get stuck eternally in between turns waiting for the next turn to start. It was with UI mods and launcher bypassed. Thankfully I eventually overcame the issue by refusing to accept delegation with a newly found AI, because doing that introduced me to another AI, and that was apparently sufficient to confuse the game enough to eternally load.

Galvatron likes this.
  6. ThunderLizard2

ThunderLizard2 Warlord

Getting bad lag as well as crashes. What in the world is going on Firaxis???

Pietato and LMT like this.
  7. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

In a couple of early games right after the new patch/package downloaded, was getting occasional (1/100 turns or more) in-game CTD and some strange graphic 'bugs' - flooded rivers with no flood graphic and 'live' volcanoes with no smoke or graphic indicator. Several days later, the graphic buggery seems to have disappeared, so I suspect there may have been some conflict with Mods which has now been fixed by the Modders - I've seen several downloads indicated to the Civ VI files that are not from Firaxis. I use a number of game-graphic and game-map changing Mods, so I am always suspicious with a new patch or addition when I get graphic strangeness. As long as the game still loads and plays, apparently such peculiarities do not trigger a Conflict indication

8. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Yep- Crashes with Mods. I was only 5 turns away from a cultural victory too on Med Map... imagine that. Only five more turns... imminent victory within my grasp. promises, promises.

9. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

No crashes, but load times have been absurd, even by Civ standards--after getting noticeably better a couple patches ago. (Windows 10, with mods.)

Duuk, Kotofei and Zegangani like this.
  10. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I had several AI turn in a seemingly forever loop that I thought my game hanged. This happens randomly, sometimes around turn 30, sometimes around turn 200+. Also animations look dealyed to finish.

11. McKeu

McKeu Chieftain

I also had very frequent crashes on my Ryzen 2700, 16 GB, with Nvidia 1660 Ti. Couldn't play 30 turns without a crash. What helped it quite a bit was switching down to DirextX 11. It still crashes every now and then, but I am also playing on 4K with highest graphics levels, so I am pretty much asking for it.
    Try switching your graphics to minimum just for a while of testing. If that solves it, fiddle with the settings, until you hit the sweet spot.

What still happens to me that the end of turn gets borked (stuck on waiting for others to finish). Then only a hard reset of my PC brings it back to life, as even task manager is unreachable.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  12. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Yep, i forgot i wanted to play anything.. that how long it was.

Zaarin likes this.
  13. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

All is fine for me, playing huge maps on a windows 10 cloud pc.

14. Askia Muhammad

Askia Muhammad Chieftain

I haven't had any crashes but I found the launcher seemed to be bogging the game down quite a bit. It was taking FOREVER to load games. I bypassed the launcher and my games are back to loading very quickly.

15. Alaindor

Alaindor Warlord

Longer loading time since April patch, and occasional crashes (every 100 to 200-ish turn, very irregularly) but always had them, linked to graphics (even with drivers updated).

Win 10, huge map, all graphics settings at maximum, I'm probably asking for it but I like the eye candy so I bear with it...

16. racha

racha Warlord

Since the first NFP release I've had crash after crash after crash. Sometimes I can go 50-100 turns, sometimes it crashes 3 turns in a row. I assume some of it is being caused by mods, but I'd only suffer the rare late-game crash prior to NFP (probably related to Gedemon's thread about larger than vanilla map sizes being cranky). It's been very marginally more stable now I've turned all graphics down to minimum, but still had 3 crashes in 3 turns today.

I've tried with and without the launcher on Win 12 (MS can't count :p) and tried DX11 and 12. FWIW, I'm rocking a 9900k / RTX2080 / 64GB of RAM, with Civ parked on its own NVMe drive. Sometimes I get a CTD, sometimes it just hangs and windows brings up the wait / close dialogue, other times I get the Firaxis crash reporter spring into action.

17. JifMoose

JifMoose Chieftain

I should hope so too! (this means something very different in British English...)

iammaxhailme, Bosque and racha like this.
  18. giut

giut Chieftain

I have crashes every 10-20 turns. I tryed everything (no mods, dx11, dx12, no launcher, reinstalling, etc.) and didn't work. Is there any log file or something I can check to see what's causing theses issues?
    Never had crashes before

19. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Im running about 15 mods mostly map and ui mods. No game change mods, No R.E.D mods. I had to unsub fro my usual 50 mods as one was preventing me from building/buying religious units.
    I bypassed the launcher (had to move the install folder on steam from 'Program Files) and now happily bypassed. Running Dx12.
    Huge Fractal map (18 civs) (thanks Gedemon), 15 Mods, Most scenarios (no dramatic ages, no undead). I played for 7 hours yesterday no crashes. This has been the most engaging game Ive had in years because the map is so unusual! Not much warring but my victory conditions are domination or diplomacy > lol.

20. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

- and in American English, it was a play on the words