1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crashes with AND and Mega Civ Pack

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Kordanor, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Kordanor

Kordanor Warlord

Heya,

I am recently experiencing crashes every time when I want to end my turn. I already tried an earlier savegame, but it crashes when it reaches the same year.

So basically: Start the game, load the savegame, click next turn - crash.

I already used shift when starting the game to purge the cache. (However I don't think chache is the reason in this case, and I couldnt find a cache folder either).
    In addition I also set my graphics to mininum just to make sure.

I am Windows 7 and do NOT get an out of memory error.

Instead I get:

Spoiler :

Problemsignatur:
    Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
    Anwendungsname: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    Anwendungsversion: 3.1.9.0
    Anwendungszeitstempel: 4a0c27e6
    Fehlermodulname: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    Fehlermodulversion: 3.1.9.0
    Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4cf028e0
    Ausnahmecode: c0000005
    Ausnahmeoffset: 0015714a
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusatzinformation 1: 8485
    Zusatzinformation 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
    Zusatzinformation 3: a4ea
    Zusatzinformation 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

I also attached the save game. As I said, you just need to click next turn and it crashes.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

Attached Files:

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I'm also suffering of crashes with AND+Mega Civ Pack; it's definetly not a MAF crash. I noticed that my game crashes every time at the same turn even when reloading from an earlier savegame; specifically, it crashes in a turn when a "rebel" faction raises from another empire (i.e. Yemen rebels of the Hittite Empire). To be more specific, I noticed that the game crashes when I hover the cursor over some yemenite unit or I hover the cursor over the name of the Yemen tribe in the scorelist on the right of the screen. Or it crashes when I hover the mouse over the face of the Yemenite leader in the diplomacy screen (and anyway even if I don't hover the mouse over the picture of the yemenite leader, I can see that interface in diplomacy screen is incomplete - i.e. there's no "resources", "active", "glance" or other tab at the bottom of the diplomacy screen). I hope this helps, unfortunately I can't make further tests at the moment since my video card fried and I'm waiting a new one.

Opening Kordanor's savegame with notepad I saw that Yemen is also present in his game so I wonder if this could be the problem, maybe something wrong with that specific civ. :confused:

3. Kordanor

Kordanor Warlord

I got a ton of Civs in the game, but Yemen is not one of it. Where did you find it?

4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Mmm, in your savegame, opening it with notepad; maybe it's just one of the Mega Civ Pack civs which is possible to use but it's not in the game yet when you play.
    Anyway I definetly have a problem with that civ; when I get a new video card I'll try deleting that civ from the Custom_civs folder some turns before it raises as a new civ, to see if it helps.

Edit: I re-checked your savegame with notepad and there's simply the complete list of all the civs installed with Mega Civ Pack so that's why Yemen is in; is it possible that your game is crashing because some other civ is emerging as a rebel faction?

5. tik33

tik33 Chieftain

I have problem with constant crash too. Playing RoM 2.92 a new dawn. I dont now why it crashes. I havent got any problem with game so far This is my save game

Attached Files:

6. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

7. tik33

tik33 Chieftain

8. tik33

tik33 Chieftain

By the way i would ask about settings in your version. I mean i would like to play a game close to reality. With max of civs and a world close to ours (but not the same shape of coninents). Sorry but asking you but in net there is so many wrong informations and threads that there could be a problem

9. tik33

tik33 Chieftain

great...dosent work...gfc error...and now all the menu in bts missing

10. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

You have to UNINSTALL 2.92 fully AND then install SVN 1068 of Rise of Mankind - A new Dawn SVN 1068.

They have too many common files, that are used differently.

11. tik33

tik33 Chieftain

So I uninstalled everything. Installed Civ Bts. Patched to 3.19 version. And what now? I souldnt install RoM 2.92 at all? Only a rand 2 from link of Tolni (above - rev 1062))? Or should I install search and install A new Dawn SVN 1068? Or should I install RoM 2.92 and then the files AND?

12. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

13. tik33

tik33 Chieftain

ok. got it and it works. Great thanks...now i wonder is there any ability to play polish empire..the only one I play in games :)

14. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Poland is there in MegaPack in one of the European modules.

15. tik33

tik33 Chieftain

All clear. Thanks a lot :)