Crashing to Desktop

MMetzner

Chieftain
Hi guys, I'm getting a consistent crash to desktop at a certain point of my C2C game, I've really gotten into this mod so it'd be a shame not to get any further or to start again so far in. What details would you need from me in order to give any advice on if a fix is possible?

I know I'm running the last major update, 34 with no SVN, I'm crashing on turn 967 at 1351BC of an epic game, the turn it's crashing on seems to have no major complications or inconsistencies, I'm not finishing research, not finishing production of any buildings that I don't already have elsewhere and there's no population or culture growth. My first thought was that perhaps it may be a random event, but also thought it may just be a case of the game having gotten too big for my computer to handle, turns are taking around 1 minute which seems about normal, and the game isn't lagging too badly although I'm playing on the gigantic earth map (but with only me and aggressive barbs, no other civs).

Any help would be much appreciated, this mod is awesome and I really want to carry this particular game on.

You need to look at the first post in the single player bugs thread. We can't tell anything without a save just before it crashes along with the mini dump. Where to find those is in that post.

Ah thanks, OK I've found the .dmp and the save and put them into an attached .rar

Attachments

• MMetzner_c2c.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
Sorry to bump, but if someone wouldn't mind taking a look at this for me I'd be really grateful.

All I can say is that I have the same problem. I can add that the barbarians are updating all their Archers to Composite Bowmen. They do approximately 2720 before it crashes. That is from the BBAI log I get.

Thanks so much for looking at that for me, hmm maybe I'll manually clear away the barbs in the world editor, at this point so far through they weren't a major challenge anyway and were just slowing things down.

I am having a similar problem around 3700 BC. I have a save a few turns before this and it keeps crashing no matter what I try. I am on a business trip and when I get back I can send the files.

I am having a similar problem around 3700 BC. I have a save a few turns before this and it keeps crashing no matter what I try. I am on a business trip and when I get back I can send the files.

But pls post in the bug/crashes thread, and follow 1st post of "that" thread, thx.

'sok I'm finally onto this. I didn't see it til this morning. It's my next task to look into this one.

EDIT: Here and I thought this one would be easy... argh. I've asked for further assistance on this but there's a vague possibility it's not fixable. It may be that we've accumulated too many barbarians. It looks like it's a fairly developed game and you haven't met anyone else and there seems to be a nearly endless amount of barbs on the map. When they go to upgrade it looks like they may be running out of unit group definitions to work with and it crashes. What was the map size?

It's not impossible to fix but would involve some tricks I am not skilled enough to pull off if I'm reading the problem correctly.

Top Bottom