Crashing with legendary earth map?

So I saw a lets play on youtube with those 2 mods : legendary earth map and the vanilla enchanched mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oTp6vFHBhU

So basicly it should e possible to play those 2 mods together however it seams to crash when I am playing those 2 mods together?

So that earth map basicly is a map of the earth with true starting positions. I allready played it with england and it didn't crash So I found it wierd that it crashed now?

How to fix it I really want to play a marathon game with this mod on the real world :(

It depends when the crash occurred. If it was well into the game, maybe it's one of those "out of memory" crashes (aka, there's too much stuff on the map and your computer cannot handle it anymore). It happens to me constantly on Huge maps too, and I have 1GB VRAM and 4 GB RAM (well, only 3 since I run Windows 7). Other than that, I don't think anything in LEM should conflict with VEM.

It depends when the crash occurred. If it was well into the game, maybe it's one of those "out of memory" crashes (aka, there's too much stuff on the map and your computer cannot handle it anymore). It happens to me constantly on Huge maps too, and I have 1GB VRAM and 4 GB RAM (well, only 3 since I run Windows 7). Other than that, I don't think anything in LEM should conflict with VEM.

I thinx it is because of my computer strangly enough I played england domination game on legendary earth map Maybe its because the mod ad new things its more difficulty thanxs for the reply.

I thinx it is because of my computer strangly enough I played england domination game on legendary earth map Maybe its because the mod ad new things its more difficulty thanxs for the reply.

I think because VEM adds so many stuff that the computer has to take in account (I imagine that, for example, the "1 exp every 5 turns" policy from Tradition means that the game has to keep track of every garrisoned unit, which can be a lot) that sometimes it just becomes too much. On the other hand, playing VEM and then going back to vanilla Civ 5 makes the game seem so smooth...

I think because VEM adds so many stuff that the computer has to take in account (I imagine that, for example, the "1 exp every 5 turns" policy from Tradition means that the game has to keep track of every garrisoned unit, which can be a lot) that sometimes it just becomes too much. On the other hand, playing VEM and then going back to vanilla Civ 5 makes the game seem so smooth...

I'm gonne try vem on a continents map and then I'm just gonne play legendary earth map with normal civ 5

If it still crash on a continent map then something is wrong

Civ 5 generally cannot handle huge maps very well, especially Earth maps since they tend to be larger than average. It just runs out of memory and crashes inelegantly. It's not something we can affect significantly for better or worse with mods.

Civ 5 generally cannot handle huge maps very well, especially Earth maps since they tend to be larger than average. It just runs out of memory and crashes inelegantly. It's not something we can affect significantly for better or worse with mods.

But before i discovered the mod I finished a domination game with england on the legendary earth map and hadn't a single crash only the time between turns where verry long :crazyeye:

When I installed the mod i just played first a continent game worked well no problems with the mod after that i started the legendary earth map mod with this mod in a marathon game after a while it crashed.. :(

I can play huge maps thats not the problem

Top Bottom