1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

crashing

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by grndbeef, Dec 7, 2001.

1. grndbeef

grndbeef Chieftain

When I install civ3 it installs 100% and then right at the end I get a unspecified error removing support files. The game boots up and plays fine but it locks up eventually. No specific place does it lock up it seems to be at random. I have installed the patch I get the same error after installation. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Abaques

Abaques Chieftain

If it is slowing down steadily before lock up then you should check your memory usage when beginning a game and when it gets really slow. Thats the problem that I have.

What kind of hardware and drivers are you running?

Abaques

3. grndbeef

grndbeef Chieftain

My hardware is as follows Athlon 900mhz 256meg of ram geoforce2mx sblive value windows Me. I do not notice a slow down before it locks up.

4. Abaques

Abaques Chieftain

Hmmm, I guess I would try to reinstall the game, then add the good patch. Do you have a via chipset on your motherboard? There is an apparent problem with the amd, via, soundblaster combo. Thats what I have. Well, good luck.

Abaques

5. Despiser

Despiser Chieftain

I don't know about the amd, but I have a PIII 800, via and SB Live combo that usually crashes in the late industrial era.