1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crashing

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Felorius, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Felorius

Felorius Chieftain

I start the mod, and it crashes after the spash screen (the point in which it is supposed to bring up the loader screen) The mod is installed as the readme's suggest, so i have no ideas...

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

What do you mean by "the loader screen"? The main menu?

Keep in mind that if you don't have 3.19, you should not install the 3.19 update to Star Trek. If you do have 3.19, you have to install that update. This is due to the fact that mods with SDK changes, such as Star Trek, are not compatable with different BtS patch versions.

3. Felorius

Felorius Chieftain

i updated to the newest version, which yes was 3.19, and the loader screen is the screen that loads the XML/python scripts before the program starts

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

In that case I'll just give genereic "try reinstalling and see if that helps" advice as I really have no idea then. If it doesn't then just wait for 2.0 (which isn't far off) and see if it works better then.

5. Felorius

Felorius Chieftain

Aye, i reinstalled several times, trust me when i say i take all "logical" avenues before consulting a tech forum :)

And, i can't wait for the chance to play 2.0