Craziest Barbarian Spawns

Krieger66

Lord of all things necro
What are the weirdest or most annoying barb spawns? List them here!

Mine is a stack of 3 lizardmen spawning 2 tiles from my first citadel(they take it btw), and next turn a stack of 5 trolls spawning 2 tiles from my adjacent goblin fort:p

Fending off the initial rush of giants from two giant stedings just outside my cultural boarders on turn 25 or so, only to have a pit beast kill me off - a pit beast, turn 26? I mean really :p

My biggest gripe however, has to be stonewarden ogres just noticing these guys nearby is offensive, but having them level up off pelting my town when I've just got archery and have no hope of dislodging them for oh I don't know, another 200 turns or so - it wouldn't have been so bad but Zarcas the long-sighted sat on top of him for the whole time.

I had whatever the double-digit strength troll/ogre class is spawn from a dungeon (I think an AI explored it.) on something like turn 20-40. It took me a hundred turns to get around to killing it.

Luckily, it didn't seem to be coded to go directly for cities or enter into melee combat. It would just throw giant rocks all day and pillage improvements, IIRC. But, it was certainly a terror while it lived. It feasted well on a diet of workers and an occasional AI unit that was dumb enough to attack it.

I had Archeron take over a barb city that was next door. I left him alone as I had better things to do... So, throughout the game I was treated to a play-by-play battle between Archeron and whatever faction's forces had decided to move down to attack him. He ate.. everything. A stack of units from faction xx would move through my territory, somehow make it through fire-elemental spam and the remnants would get slaughtered and then scatter.. Sometimes, they made it back home. More often, they were reduced to small piles of cinders and melted armor. He was the best player on my team for whittling down other faction's armies. :)

Rife 1.23 had the craziest spawns. ;)

I still have nightmares of that stack of 4 Psions dominating giant boars and barbarians to serve as shock troops.

1.3 Archeron no longer has those fire elemental spawning bastards with it, so he is pretty good neighbour if you keep your distance.

well especially with this 35:strength: 5 mvt leash (+2)... fearsome neighbourg.
but not as dangerous for other people ; only dangerous if your wander closeby.

Rife 1.23 had the craziest spawns. ;)

I still have nightmares of that stack of 4 Psions dominating giant boars and barbarians to serve as shock troops.

1.3 Archeron no longer has those fire elemental spawning bastards with it, so he is pretty good neighbour if you keep your distance.

I'm glad I've never played it then.:)
I've never seen psions before, are they in 1.3 as well?

I remember some those games I could only develop in one direction because of every where else was a death trap. I slowly cut my way to the computers through the entangled mess of dangerous creatures. Once in a while you find a computer can do the same thing and you get some interesting battles happening.

I'm glad I've never played it then.:)
I've never seen psions before, are they in 1.3 as well?

Yes, if you flag the mana guardian option you can see them easily

Oh, I do remember when a pack of 5 Holy Avengers or Vyrkuls spawn near someone borders. If they spawn near the AI, I only realise that with the "dead" popup (I then revive affected Ai's). If they spawn near my border, and in very early game, I destroy them with WB.
BTW: Those spawns ussually happen with FallUnder modmod (And are caused by the lack of "Cannot be build by any civilization" flag).

Oh, I do remember when a pack of 5 Holy Avengers or Vyrkuls spawn near someone borders. If they spawn near the AI, I only realise that with the "dead" popup (I then revive affected Ai's). If they spawn near my border, and in very early game, I destroy them with WB.
BTW: Those spawns ussually happen with FallUnder modmod (And are caused by the lack of "Cannot be build by any civilization" flag).

First time poster, long time lurker.

Those same packs happened to me in 2 or 3 games already, in fact in one I had 2 packs of 4 Krakens always coming at my fishing boats, and at the same time there were 5 Fire Elementals (Acheron wasn't in-game yet), 2 Holy Avengers and 4 Vyrkul surrounding my borders... all that at turn 50 something. I don't use FallUnder, and am on v1.3. Was pretty scary :lol:

Those same packs happened to me in 2 or 3 games already, in fact in one I had 2 packs of 4 Krakens always coming at my fishing boats, and at the same time there were 5 Fire Elementals (Acheron wasn't in-game yet), 2 Holy Avengers and 4 Vyrkul surrounding my borders... all that at turn 50 something. I don't use FallUnder, and am on v1.3. Was pretty scary :lol:

BTW, could be another mod, but I've heard that FallUnder got the most reports.

Unfortunately, everyone is delighted looking into CiV, meaning that any update, if any, will come veery later. Is Rife still alive?

I just had a good one: in the dtesh civ's terriory 5 ogres with combat V, commando 1 ogre chiefton and a named lich(something whitestream).poor SoB:D

Heres a nice one:spawned a stack of trolls in the middle of my empire adjacent to my capital the turn after I sent my army after a stack of axemen spawned near the oposite end of my territory.

I was next door to the clan of embers who used their racial spell on turn one, queue between one and five assorted barbarians attacking me every turn for the next twenty turns, including a pair of stoneskin ogres. The only reason I survived was because on turn three a scout popped a hut and gave me a witch hunter who was given the aerons chosen bonus the very next turn and who by this point is unkillable and around level 40.

Top Bottom