Crazy Reasons For Going To War

While I was playing Rise of Rome, dispite the thought that I had France, Britian, Spain, and made peace with Catharge. I declared war on Persia because I thought it would be apporiate to hold Jerusualm by 1 AD. :D

But then again, the new navy I built helped me take over Cathrage, so it wasn't that much of a bust.

QuoVadisNation said:
While I was playing Rise of Rome, dispite the thought that I had France, Britian, Spain, and made peace with Catharge. I declared war on Persia because I thought it would be apporiate to hold Jerusualm by 1 AD. :D

But then again, the new navy I built helped me take over Cathrage, so it wasn't that much of a bust.

How did you make peace with Carthage? I thought you were locked in war against them :confused: .

Once I played a game on island map. A Civ expanded their territory, because of culture to an other uninhabited small(2 square) island, so that the whole island was coverd by their territory. This island was very close to my main island and so I sent a settler there to colonize it. By building my city in enemy territory I declared war on them. It was in acient times and they only had trieremes and I owned the lighthouse. Their fleet couldn't reach my main island so they tried to attack my new island but I occupied all two squares of it with 2 warriors. So they couldn't land and assembled by time a large fleet(about 10 ships) there. By this they weakended their homeland-protection enough to allow me a nice conquest.

Great thread, very funny. Starting a war over bananas... :lol:

Actually more often than not I don't start wars for a reason necessarily. I figure that they are going to happen sooner or later anyway and it's in my best interest to win them. If I can build a decent size invading force I'll attack whomever is most convenient and has the best return on investment. And if I'm not attacking, I'm digging in.

Though I must admit, I have started wars when I've captured a city, signed a peace treaty with that civ, and then the city culture flips right back to the other civ.

Oh no you don't!!! If we can't have you nobody can!! :ar15:

Just because I hate 'em.

Well, I don't have any ridiculous reasons that I've gone to war for before. But one time some Native American nation declared war on me (Spain) just to attack my city on the Canary Islands (on a World Map) with a warrior that was shipped over with a Canoe. I was in the Industrial Ages.

I think it was on an earlier version of the DYP mod. :crazyeye:

I really wanted those five desert tiles (no bonuses, just plain old desert).

Long time ago, I needed a worker to connect an iron (just found IW). The town was very far (2cows, working on temple..) and no worker near it. The next turn, a pink settler/spearman appear, and in the town was a spearman with a horseman... ^^

Hi all, first time poster but a long time reader. I've been playing Civ since Civ I. :) In that time I've had two very silly reasons to go to war, and here they are:

I was playing Civ two as the Babylonians on the real world map. I had all of North America to myself, with my main competitor as the Romans in north and west Africa. It was very late in the game and they had a huge navy of approximately 30-50 ships off the coast of Florida, and it was taking the computer forever to complete the moves because I had to sit and watch every single ship move, every single turn. I finally got tired, declared war, and nuked their stacks of ships so I didn't have to watch it anymore.

In the last full game I played in Civ 3 as the Greeks, I had built two cities on the continent the Persians were on (with only a short strait of water separating my home continent from theirs). The Persians declared war and overran my cities with Immortals. I was committed to retaking the cities, but I wanted to do it in grand fashion. So with an insane idea in my head, I waited until I discovered amphibious warfare and flight, created a huge invasion force ala D-Day of WW2, and stormed the beaches of Persia to reclaim my lost cities. I took over the entire Persian continent while I was at it to free them from their tyrannical dictator. :lol:

The latest reason I went to war was last night.. a city I captured from Korea flipped to the Ottomans.. so I fought to take it back (I got it), I then went and captured every other Ottoman city around me so that no other city could flip... leaving the Ottomans with only a few cities left.. which were then invaded by Arabia and Korea.... my city flip takeback started a world war.

Top Bottom