1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crazy Starts

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by MykC, Dec 23, 2010.

1. MykC

MykC Warlord

I'vebeen finding post patch that I've had an increase number of starts where I'm in range on 4+ resources. I always try to settle on a resource so normally I take up to 2-3 turns to move and settle. The last one I payed as Siam I settled near 5 silver and 1 gem and had the El Derado wonder like 10 tiles east which gave me 500G. Needless to say the immortal AI could not with stand my epic economy and start and I crushed them in record time.

I think I could of easily won sub 200 by going the UN vote route.

2. Truthy

Truthy Chatbot

On immortal difficulty you say?

3. snarzberry

snarzberry Emperor

Haven't noticed anything too different about the starts, I've been getting same old two resource starts every time. What you said about the silver mines made me remember an awesome city I settled a while ago that had 5 silver mines in the second ring, a nice river running through the middle of the mines and two riverside wheat tiles! Needless to say the mint went up pretty good along with the national treasury/bank/stock-exchange and that city was an economic powerhouse!

I'd love to have that set up for my capital and try a occ.

4. FidelZandro

FidelZandro Optimistic turtle

Yeah i had some similar things happening lately.
    One start gave me one fish, 3 pearls, 2 wine, a cotton and horses.
    Ridiculous, but fun.
    Easy cultural victory, thanks to mandate of heaven SP!