Creat this game for me? Please, Before I get sick of CIV

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by bsorc, Nov 13, 2007.

1. bsorc

bsorc Chieftain

Civ 4 BTS has everything I wanted but I dont understand why has sid meier shortened the game so much.

This is a type of game I want so if someone can suggest a mod that can enchance the experience.

1. Start earlier, maybe 6000 BC. to be normal pace until 2000 BC then it keeps on slowing So i enjoy eras. Eg: In the current normal game I was playing on a TERRA map. when I discovered the new world. I dispatched settlers, workers, explorers etc. But by the time i reach I already discovered Gun powder. Middle Ages pass by quickly. There is no time to enjoy.

2. More more more techs but in historical order. I dont want Meditation in 100 AD.

3. Maybe Larger maps but its not important as the features above.

PS please dont ask me to use RISE OF MANKIND mod, i have it but it doesnt satisfy my needs.

2. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

I'm sorry to hear your needs have not been satisfied.

You say "in the current normal game" - do you mean you are playing at normal speed? Start a game at marathon speed and then tell me it's too fast!

3. bsorc

bsorc Chieftain

Yes my needs have not been satisifed :p.
    Marathon is slow i agree that but it takes too long to even create units. So i can play normal game without ending turns soon.

4. kniteowl

kniteowl Pirate Captain :P

Are the Middle Ages too short because you beeline to Liberalism made skip most of the other middle age techs?

Try a game where you delay/ignore Liberalism and beeline to other techs like Engineering.

Gunpowder is still considered a Middle age tech I think... there were muskets in the late middle ages.

5. L4zXX0r

L4zXX0r Warlord

Marathon is the best speed in my opinion. You just need to be patient. Did you the speed in between marathon and normal. It's called epic.

6. duende29

duende29 Loud Brat

He wants a Marathon game with unit costs at Normal Speed I think. I dunno how it's done but I bet someone can do that.

7. maddogmark25

maddogmark25 Chieftain

I find epic speed to be the most enjoyable speed, yet give u the greatest enjoyment out of each era...

marathon just drags on too long, and it just isnt fun when you are sitting there waiting for a settler to be built...and wait....and wait...oh, cultural bonus! more waiting...then I build a city, and have to wait 40-60 turns for the monument...and I wait...

lol im kinda exaggerating, but IMO epic is the most realistic and fun speed to play at

8. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

try turning on no tech brokering; slows down epic enough to make epic feel right

9. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I'm an Epic player that plays with no tech brokering.

Overall, it's an easy fix in the XML. Look in the GameInfos, I think.

10. bsorc

bsorc Chieftain

Well i did try Rise of Mankind again,
    It worked well, time was slow with lots of techs but due to 3 free settlers from tribal villages during the starting I advanced extremly fast. I'm still in 500 AD and im already at engineering, constitution. My research is extremly fast, im actually trying to slow it down and im earning ALOT. Im at 4500 Gold and +54/ turn, Infleuential culture, most powerful army, Most powerful navy (i was asked to build 11 Galleys before Renaissance age which i did). I discovered 4 Religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism & Christianity), built Hindu wonder, Jewish wonder & Buddhist wonder. I spread Hindusim which was successful for a while until Judaism reached once of my rivals and he started spreading it. So now we have 3 countries with hindusim, 3 with Judaism and one with confuscism (England) living in islands. Judaism is over taking Hindusim and things are heating up....oops sorry i started a story. Anyways game is fine with this currently but lets hope when i reach the middle ages, i get to enjoy alot.

11. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

There were cannons too- steel was seriously over :science:-ed in the game. Id like to see steel at around 1500. Steel was discovered ages before that. The Tree could be set accordingly.

12. kniteowl

kniteowl Pirate Captain :P

Some People think there should be another Siege unit inbetween Trebs and Canons in an older thread.

It looks funny if you attack with army of Trebs and Rifles if you tend to ignore the bottom half of the tech tree in the Res Age.

A Bombard unit with 9 str and comes with Gunpowder but also requires Engineering (like Cavalry or Maceman)

13. RockTheCazbah87

RockTheCazbah87 Pacal's pal

Exactly. I started a game as Marathon the other day to try it out, and 5 minutes later I quit due to boredom. 23 turns for Agriculture?! Don't be daft...

14. mboettcher

mboettcher General

Marathon is fun for wars though. Long massive epic wars. I played a game with the Romans once and by the time I got to industrialism roughly 2000 units had been killed in my wars. If you want to enjoy every era i suggest you start a marathon game and plan to attack the first person you see. See how bored you get after stacks of 30 units square off multiple times an era.