1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Create Game Select Civ / Load Civ Graphic Weirdness

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by PonderThis, Dec 9, 2017.

1. PonderThis

PonderThis Chieftain

I've got two minor but strange items concerning a new civ I've just posted (Syracuse led by Archimedes).

1. When selecting the civ, the appropriate graphics appear when hovering over the civ entry, but go away after it is selected. View when mouse is hovering over the civ:
    SelectCivHoverArchi8.png
    View after selection and you've moved the mouse away:
    SelectCivArchiSelected.png

2. When loading a game for that civ, the leader icon is off. I swear I've looked at everything on this one. I assume it's using the 45x45 dds file for the icon, and I've compared my files to other custom civs and come up with nothing. Everything in the files looks right, but for some reason you get this.
    LoadWithIconProblemClip.png

Anyone have any ideas on either of these?

2. lasttry

lasttry Chieftain

For 2. your Icon Problem : you could try to Move the two leader Heads in the Icon dds file to The right via Gimp or photoshop or paint.net.

For 1. its the Same in My Civ vi, And i am not sure if this Is really a Problem...

3. PonderThis

PonderThis Chieftain

1. Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one. :) Still, I know other civs, like all of JFD's civs, don't have this problem. So JFD is doing something different here, I just can't figure out what.
    2. Sure, I could shift the bits, but that would break the icon in other places in the game where it DOES work (I think that's the same size as the top-of-screen civ leader list). Besides, no one else does that, so there's something weird here. One thing I know it isn't is a mod conflict, as I've run this as the only mod and gotten the same result.

Thanks for the reply, like I said, I'm glad I'm not the only one with that first issue.