1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating a new Great Work Slot Type?

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Chysp, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Chysp

Chysp Chieftain

Does anyone know if it possible to create a new Great Work Slot Type? I've been trying to find a way to do this for a while but haven't had much luck. Currently I've only been using this XML.

<GreatWorkSlotTypes>
    <Row GreatWorkSlotType="GREATWORKSLOT_NATURAL"/>
    </GreatWorkSlotTypes>

<GreatWork_ValidSubTypes>
    <Row GreatWorkSlotType="GREATWORKSLOT_NATURAL" GreatWorkObjectType="GREATWORKOBJECT_ARTIFACT"/></GreatWork_ValidSubTypes>

As soon as it is associated with the slots provided by a building, the Great Works tab won't open. I haven't been able to work out what I'm missing except for artwork.

I tried playing around with the GreatWorksOverview.lua file, but making any edits to this caused the same problems with the Great Works Tab. I've been trying to see whether there's anything I can do with this particular part, which looks like it should be what I need.

local DEFAULT_GREAT_WORKS_ICONS:table = {
    GREATWORKSLOT_WRITING = "ICON_GREATWORKOBJECT_WRITING",
    GREATWORKSLOT_PALACE = "ICON_GREATWORKOBJECT_SCULPTURE",
    GREATWORKSLOT_ART = "ICON_GREATWORKOBJECT_PORTRAIT",
    GREATWORKSLOT_CATHEDRAL = "ICON_GREATWORKOBJECT_RELIGIOUS",
    GREATWORKSLOT_ARTIFACT = "ICON_GREATWORKOBJECT_ARTIFACT_ERA_ANCIENT",
    GREATWORKSLOT_MUSIC = "ICON_GREATWORKOBJECT_MUSIC",
    GREATWORKSLOT_RELIC = "ICON_GREATWORKOBJECT_RELIC"
    };

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)