1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating Art Assets

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Utilities, Code Snippets & Art Assets' started by ADillz, Jun 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ADillz

ADillz Chieftain

Hi everyone,

new guy here! been playing civilization since civ 2 and only recently started getting into using mods.

I have been using blender for a few years but never really found anything to use it in anger with until now.

I would like to start making 3D assets for people to use with their mods. However, I haven't got a clue where to start in terms of getting the models out of CIV to modify in blender or then getting anything created from blender into the game.

If anyone could give me a pretty basic guide and/or any other programmes I would need to do this as a starting point that would be awesome?

2. lasttry

lasttry Ryu Tora

Hi :)

You will Need the Tool "Civ Nexus 6" by deliverator. Here you will Open one of the fgx Game Files, fgx Files Are Models. Then you only have to Export this Model to nb2 or the newer Format, dont Know the Name of the newer Format Right now, sorry. Then you will Import this new nb2 or the new Format file into Blender using the blenderscripts by deliverator. And Then you have a Vanilla Game Model including the Skeleton and all weights in Blender.

When you want to Export it, Check deliverators two Guides about Art Assets, Those two Guides will explain you how to Export it correctly and Import your new Asset to the Game. Hope this helps :)

Deliverators Guides :

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/3d-art-assets-in-civilization-6-a-modding-guide.612050/

And

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tutorial-converting-3d-art-from-civ-5-civ-be-to-civ-6.613142/

Edit : i think the newer Format Is "cn6" , i recommend to read both Guides, as in both there Are Much Useful Information.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  3. ADillz

ADillz Chieftain

Nice one! I shall have a look at those! very early days for me getting into this lol