1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating custom diplomatic modifiers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Frossa, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Frossa

Frossa Chieftain

Coveting lands, denunciations and ideological schisms are a few things that affect a civ's opinion of another civ, and in the Into the Renaissance scenario I've even seen "You follow another religion" being a factor. How difficult is it to recreate this in a mod for the regular game? Has anybody ever been able to do it at all?
    It really ruins historical scenarios when the Spanish and Ottomans are the best of friends just because there in game terms aren't any conflicts between them.

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Add a function to GameEvents.GetScenarioDiploModifier1 and GameEvents.GetScenarioDiploModifier2 to return the value of your diplomatic bonus (a negative value, ie -50) or malus (a positive value, ie +50)

Use TXT_KEY_SPECIFIC_DIPLO_STRING_1 and TXT_KEY_SPECIFIC_DIPLO_STRING_2 to set the text shown when the modifier 1 or 2 return something.

3. Frossa

Frossa Chieftain

Okay, that seems to be a little too complicated for me... I think I'll play around with the already existing diplo modifiers instead. In which files can I find the values for those?