Creating new unit that uses existing behaviour: Level 2

Well. should be "Creating new unit that uses existing animation: Level 2"

Rightnow my modding stage has progressed to another frontier. just after my success with 'Corvette' (removing 'dummy' broadside guns + manual texture editings), and with more warships added.
Here. a new warship. the Dreadnough. First of its kind launched in 1906 and it was a revolutionary battleship design, its performance made any battleships made before it obsolete outright!!! and any newer battleships are designed with the same concept and similar hull sizes, Brazillian Minas Gerales is among these.

OK Enough of lil 'World of Warship' history lession, onto actual modding. I've tried to reskin it and this is what i've got now.
upload_2020-3-6_0-44-16.png

'Blacknough'

Well i used the silliest process since this is my first alternative to take (photoshopping Base texture). The other one is the use Blender. so to add or subtract meshes. Luckily I also have Pre-Dreadnough obtained from Warfare Expanded unit cooker.
upload_2020-3-6_1-0-12.png

Compared to Minas Geralis model which the AA unit is ill-designed
What I wanna do is to combine the two features to make 'Dreadnough' unit. the end result is that
1. Four rotating turrets excluding dummy ones which it is part of 'main' vertex group
upload_2020-3-6_1-6-8.png

2. The actual casemate guns (or at least these cylindrical joints), also non-animating part (only main gun turrets move) attached, just like REAL life early dreadnoughs including Minas Gerales. In-game model is carricature and simplified ones which I don't feel right about it except the gun size.

Before I can do skinnings or making seams. In this situation, what will you do to achieve the desired ends? which ship hull vertices will you keep and which one will you discard?
3. If Pre-dread hull (sans main gun turrets) can be slightly modified to support four Minas Gerales turrets and armature
3.1 Will you do it? is it better than using default Minas Gerais hull?
3.2 Is Bone and armature the same thing?? while it has alot to do with animations and rigging process.
3.3 And what will you do with flag pole located to the aft?

Top Bottom